Line Combos: Reunite ROR and Landy

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
What are you talking about? His concussion issues? That he has clearly put behind him and is at no more risk than any other player of getting another one?

He came back last season and his conditioning/skating was an issue, it was horrible in fact, but can you blame the kid for wanting to get back so quickly? The concussion's were not his fault.

He is faster, more skilled, smarter, and just a better player than David Jones. Period

He isn't faster.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I just read the last page and a bit of this thread and then remembered that it's called the reunite lando and ROR thread and not the david jones sucks thread. nice.

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
If you only judge him based on half of his career then you make mistakes like paying him 4 million a season.

But then if you judge him on his whole career, he's a 0.27 Goals/Gm 0.21 Ast/Gm player, which is a 22 G, 17A, 39P pace in 82 games, although even in his healthiest seasons (the last 3) he's always at least missed a few games.

He's clearly playing well below his career pace right now.

On the other hand if you want to only look at the recent 1/4 of a season's worth of games and extrapolate it to 82 games, you get what Dahrougem2 does, which is a Mcleod (near his peak) level guy. But if you go with Mcleod that's defnitely the best you'll get. Jones still could bounce back and give a lot you more than what he currently is. Parital season, new father, team not clicking. Not impossible to think he could rebound later or perhaps next year.

How did this become a Jones thread?

Back on Topic: Keep O'R and Lands together for a while more, see if they continue to show signs of the old magic. I partly think Landy was still just getting back in sync. Both Landy and Staz were looking really good individually and doing nearly all of the little things well, but just hadn't found the timing yet to start put it in the net more. Which is interesting because I remember last year the few times they would overlap on the ice, they almost always clicked immediately.

I think Gabe still isn't quite back to normal yet. Bizarre how on the PP they've been playing Staz in front of the net and Landy behind the net. I think they didn't want Landy to take all of the direct pounding quite yet.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They have been reunited. O'Reilly and Landeskog playing together tomorrow.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So now Mueller isn't injury prone? Now I've heard it all.

And he so much better than Jones that he managed to score an amazing total of 12 points in 28 games while playing close to 3mins on the PP.

The way some of the poster here act regarding Mueller one could think we let prime Hejduk leave this team.

List me the numerous ailments that make Peter Mueller injury prone and I will counter you with the numerous ailments that make David Jones EVEN MORE injury prone

Yes, he has managed to score 12 points in 28 games on a team that has played a lot of, if not most of the season without:

Stephen Weiss
Kris Versteeg
Scottie Upshall
Ed Jovanovski
Dmitry Kulikov

Yes, that Florida Panthers team, I mean he should be putting up numbers beyond imagination right?

The fact that you don't see how Peter Mueller is a better player than David Jones is baffling really, seems like you're stuck on the Peter Mueller from last season who came back from his concussion too early without getting the proper conditioning and skating in, rather than the Peter Mueller who looked like a 1st line winger when he was drafted and when he was acquired by the Avalanche. Yes, that's a long time ago but that's because of his concussion issues, which have been put behind him, not because of his decline in play

David Jones has always been this type of player, the only difference is that in his two seasons of 27 goals and 20 goals, he was deemed useful because the puck was going in for him. Now, he's a liability on the ice

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
List me the numerous ailments that make Peter Mueller injury prone and I will counter you with the numerous ailments that make David Jones EVEN MORE injury prone

Yes, he has managed to score 12 points in 28 games on a team that has played a lot of, if not most of the season without:

Stephen Weiss
Kris Versteeg
Scottie Upshall
Ed Jovanovski
Dmitry Kulikov

Yes, that Florida Panthers team, I mean he should be putting up numbers beyond imagination right?

The fact that you don't see how Peter Mueller is a better player than David Jones is baffling really, seems like you're stuck on the Peter Mueller from last season who came back from his concussion too early without getting the proper conditioning and skating in, rather than the Peter Mueller who looked like a 1st line winger when he was drafted and when he was acquired by the Avalanche. Yes, that's a long time ago but that's because of his concussion issues, which have been put behind him, not because of his decline in play

David Jones has always been this type of player, the only difference is that in his two seasons of 27 goals and 20 goals, he was deemed useful because the puck was going in for him. Now, he's a liability on the ice

Peter Mueller wouldn't help this team in any way shape or form. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about it. So you think he's better than Jones, big freaking deal, since Jones has been terrible beyond words this season, it's like saying drowning is better than being set on fire.

Last edited:

Mant*

Stephen Weiss
Kris Versteeg
Scottie Upshall
Ed Jovanovski
Dmitry Kulikov

Neither of them are what this team needs, and Mueller is not a 1st line player. If we had resigned him and he'd scored a total of 2 goals in his last 20 games, people would be wanting to throw him and Sherman onto a pile of pitchforks. And maybe you should save the claim that his concussion problems have been put behind him for when he's actually played at least one full season without one.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Landy and ROR need to light it up, because I don't see anyone else that suits Stats play better than Landy except for maybe McGinn.

#HopeThisWorks

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Neither of them are what this team needs, and Mueller is not a 1st line player. If we had resigned him and he'd scored a total of 2 goals in his last 20 games, people would be wanting to throw him and Sherman onto a pile of pitchforks. And maybe you should save the claim that his concussion problems have been put behind him for when he's actually played at least one full season without one.

Given the fact that he's played every game this season and has been symptom free, I'd say his concussion issues are behind him. Clinically proven that once symptoms go away, that's it, they're gone, it can't magically return

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Peter Mueller wouldn't help this team in any way shape or form. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about it. So you think he's better than Jones, big freaking deal, since Jones has been terrible beyond words this season, it's like saying drowning is better than being set on fire.

I didn't say Mueller would help this team more because this team is in disarray, what I am trying to state is that he is a much better player than David Jones, how you fail to see that is your issue

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Landy-ROR seems to be working so lets keep that and go "Sacco Crazy" with the lines on Saturday

Stastny-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Palushaj
McGinn-Mitchell-Hejduk
Bordeleau-Olver-Kobasew

Hunwick-Johnson
Hejda-Elliott
O'Brien-O'Byrne

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Landy-ROR seems to be working so lets keep that and go "Sacco Crazy" with the lines on Saturday

Stastny-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Palushaj
McGinn-Mitchell-Hejduk
Bordeleau-Olver-Kobasew

Hunwick-Johnson
Hejda-Elliott
O'Brien-O'Byrne

Olver and O'Reilly seemed to work really well together--I wouldn't mind them staying together and just use Kobasew as 4th line center.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I said in the GDT that Olver when he's at his best is like a Downie-light. Put him on that line and see if anything happens with Landeskog/$ $'$.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Olver and O'Reilly seemed to work really well together--I wouldn't mind them staying together and just use Kobasew as 4th line center.

I said in the GDT that Olver when he's at his best is like a Downie-light. Put him on that line and see if anything happens with Landeskog/$ $'$.

And break up our 4th line of Awesomeness????
:laugh:
Actually thought of that by benching Hejduk and keeping McLeod in, but I want one more game with that 4th line.
The fact that McLeod and Bords did not take care of all those cheap shots last night made me mad since that is their job, so Cody is getting benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad