Speculation: Retro Jerseys

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's gonna be our current jerseys/the 90s one but in mainly red. I've seen some mock ups in the past.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I believe the new reg home and away ones have the gold swapped in on the cape for the shoulder yoke S, similar to the updated logo...this appears to have red, same as the 92 original i believe

This is correct.

What does everyone hope for out next third? I'm torn between the O in red (Belleville style not NHL100) and something new.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I believe the new reg home and away ones have the gold swapped in on the cape for the shoulder yoke S, similar to the updated logo...this appears to have red, same as the 92 original i believe

Have we ever had a red 2D jersey?? I cannot recall ever seeing one.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
upload_2020-11-15_19-24-0.png

so basically swap red for black I guess...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm probably going to purchase one of the new jerseys in the next year...this makes the decision tricky. Probably will lean towards Black as they're the new main jerseys.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
I really like this retro reversal concept, league wide it's really cool. I just think the timing is kinda bad from a Sens stand point.

The Sens just FINALLY figured it out and went back to their original logo and by all accounts it's been a huge hit from not just a fans stand point but from league wide view. The black and whites and the return to the 2d is a smart move.

And suddenly the retro reversal concept comes along and kinda dilutes it all for the new look.

It's kinda too bad if you ask me. The new looks should have been the one thing for the Sens to push and celebrate this season.

Now the retro reversal will be the story league wide.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I really like this retro reversal concept, league wide it's really cool. I just think the timing is kinda bad from a Sens stand point.

The Sens just FINALLY figured it out and went back to their original logo and by all accounts it's been a huge hit from not just a fans stand point but from league wide view. The black and whites and the return to the 2d is a smart move.

And suddenly the retro reversal concept comes along and kinda dilutes it all for the new look.

It's kinda too bad if you ask me. The new looks should have been the one thing for the Sens to push and celebrate this season.

Now the retro reversal will be the story league wide.

Or, from a less negative perspective:

The league loved the idea of Ottawa going back to their original 2D logo that they decided to make a league wide marketing strategy out of it.

It has been no secret that the Senators were going back to the 2D for a couple of years now whereas this NHL retro idea seems to be pretty fresh (and probably a Covid coping mechanism).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad