Speculation: Retro Jerseys

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Good chance it is the 2D logo with text instead of laurels too.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm thinking a lot of fans will be going with these as their choice. Original 2D looks really good on red and we've never had one.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Lol at the Detroit jersey.

Adidas gave that one to Freddy. Freddy was retiring in 2 weeks and his GAFF levels were at a full zero.

Freddy took a blank white jersey, slapped the logo on it, and to spruce it up, put a few grey stripes.

Then Freddy packed his things, flipped off his boss, and sauntered out like the champion he is.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I get the feeling they will look better on the ice than just being worn out in public.

Reactions: NB613

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
There are some that are ugly Christmas sweaters that are pretty sweet - Anaheim, Phoenix.

In terms of favorites - I guess I like some of the red ones the best. The Jackets one is good, the Capitals one is good.

Our one is super safe but it looks good. It doesn't feel very 'reverse retro' all things considered because we've had red jerseys before and we had them just last year... I appreciate we haven't had this logo in this color pattern but we had red jerseys last year with the 3d logo.

Red Wings, Oilers, Leafs and a few others are so bland you can't even really tell they're retro (sort of like our one but worse).

And then there are ones you probably only love if you're a fan of the team - Devils, Blues, Canucks, Golden Knights.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Any time in the last 10 years I would have been super excited about this but they picked the worst time possible to go with this since we're switching designs this season. Would have preferred to see a recolor of the original 3D logo jerseys that had the diagonal stripes so it was more alternative to the new home and aways. It's nice, just not exciting.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
the blues jersey is the best jersey in the nhl my goodness what a masterpiece.

after that. the capitals the kings and the devils.

ours os ok. its not really retro its our current jerseys lol

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Not a fan...The black stripes on the arm/elbow are too spaced apart.

Me within a year: "Take my money!"

Laminator

May 25, 2014
Below average. Would have loved it if we didn't just switch back to the 2D logo. They should have done something with the =O=. At least it's not as bad as the Leafs :laugh:.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It's ok.

Since they inverted the 1992 jersey, then use the original logo with the lettering, not laurels.

If they are going to use the logo with the laurels, then they are better off inverting the jersey that had white stripe accents to break up all the red.

But yah. Could be worse, honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad