GDT: Retro GDT: Game 2 Canes vs Devils - 2006

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Speaking of OLN, their graphics were ahead of their time. First scorebug in any sport that I can remember that used both teams logos in it.

Good visual quality for 2006, the audio however sounds like what you'd hear in the bathrooms at any sports stadium.

Reactions: skipnjump and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Speaking of OLN, their graphics were ahead of their time. First scorebug in any sport that I can remember that used both teams logos in it.

Good visual quality for 2006, the audio however sounds like what you'd hear in the bathrooms at any sports stadium.
Trying to remember but I think you might be right about that. Can't recall seeing that on ESPN, but can't remember what Fox was using.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Trying to remember but I think you might be right about that. Can't recall seeing that on ESPN, but can't remember what Fox was using.

So I just looked up a Panthers video from their 2003 seadon that I have in my faves, FOX beat them to the punch.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So I just looked up a Panthers video from their 2003 seadon that I have in my faves, FOX beat them to the punch.
Yeah I remembered them using the logos back in the 90s but I don't know if they were on the screen full time when the NHL was on Fox. Either way definitely a big step up from ESPN presentation wise which seems absurd to say.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad