Confirmed with Link: Reto Berra traded to FLA for Rocco Grimaldi

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice. I'd be surprised if Grimaldi actually plays for us but he could help out the Rampage.

Saved some money by moving Berra too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We'll still need another goalie but this should also clear the way for Martin to be the #1 guy in the AHL, if he wasn't already.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Thoughts on Berra?

Grimaldi: Fast as all ****ing hell. Good offensive ability. But obviously, he's tiny and terrible defensively, so unless he's putting up numbers, it's unlikely any NHL coach will be willing to give him ice time.

He will either be a top 6 forward or be out of the NHL entirely. No in between.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Great move. 2 birds with 1 stone as it gives SA skill and gives us a free 1.5M in cap space. Wonder who they will target as another AHL goalie now. I'm fine with Martin being #3 on the depth chart right now because of Pick's ability to take over #1 if Varly goes down. Very unlikely that even if Martin is needed as a call up that he ever plays a game.

That being said, Zatkoff is a good option for what we're looking for.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think somebody on here thought Florida would have significant interest in Berra

Not a huge fan of Grimaldi, but something is still better than nothing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Thoughts on Berra?

Grimaldi: Fast as all ****ing hell. Good offensive ability. But obviously, he's tiny and terrible defensively, so unless he's putting up numbers, it's unlikely any NHL coach will be willing to give him ice time.

Big, athletic goalie with some mental issues. When he is on top of his game, more than capable backup... When he isn't... He can be awful. He will be fine for 20 games behind Lou... He isn't a future starter though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thoughts on Berra?

We think Rocco is probably for the AHL.

Berra is a big goalie, been inconsistent but when he's on can be pretty good. Needs to stay focused, can swim out of crease or let up rebounds. When he's on he uses his size well, good shootout goalie too. He's an ok backup or above average for AHL.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Yeah, he's not ready to come up in case of injuries. I'd still like to see him be the guy in the AHL though.

We need a Mike McKenna/Jason Laberbara type goalie in the AHL. Someone who can provide stability in the AHL while also being able to sit on the bench in the NHL in case of injuries. I would really be disappointed if the only goalie the Avs bring into the pro system is Chase Marchand or a goalie as young as him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad