Post-Game Talk: Resilience!

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Is this serious?
It is an F you from their teammates and the fans of this city to them if Drai /McD prefer individual titles over team wins.
McD went off, Drai should have as well but hopefully just got caught on the ice. If not then he needs his priorities checked
You should check the posts from last year and years before where the entire board was hoping to see McD out there in the last minute just to rack up empty net goals. If it goes down to the wire and Marchand's tied with McD and Drai, you wish the Canucks tied the game so they can rack up an extra point. In a game like this when the division leader has solidified a point, I have no qualms about giving the canucks a point. Fans here should be confident that Drai and McD can seal the deal in OT.

The fans want to see a Hart and Art Ross, so does the team. Them winning those trophies is a testament to the team success. This forum is constantly flipping 180 degrees. If Pastrnak wins the scoring title, this forum will implode more than losing in the playoffs on a garbage penalty call.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
If it goes down to the wire and Marchand's tied with McD and Drai, you wish the Canucks tied the game so they can rack up an extra point. In a game like this when the division leader has solidified a point, I have no qualms about giving the canucks a point
This is some straight up nonsense. McDavid would be the first to tell you.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I was saying in the offseason that despite it maybe not looking like he could bounce back, there was some stats that made me think he could. Basically all his numbers looked average except he was getting torched on 5v5 high danger shots and all shots on the PK.

He's gone from about 30-40th in both 5v5 HDsv% and PK sv% last year to 7th in HDsv% and 4th in PK sv% for starters this year.

I think the structure from Tippett has helped him a bunch in those two areas. He looks legit now.
Yes, 100%
The Tippett effect is real

nally

Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Nice pic of the boys celebrating their young mustached son's goal.

1155137c426c296a15e5e05e58f3599a.png
Wish there was a laughing "like" This made me chuckle

nally

Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Just back from the game. Massive win.

My first star is Coach Tippett who game planned a great recovery after a home slap down, a depleted roster including a couple of late scratches. I had a feeling he might split McDavid and Draisaitl which helped to mask roster holes. McDavid was phenomenal and moving Archibald to his wing gave Archi some jump while Neal played a very solid game with persistent forecheck and some nice puck distribution as well. Draisaitl is an elite finisher and Nuge in the 2C role enables McDavid and Drai to work magic. The power play was absolutely sick tonight.

Koskinen was fantastic tonight especially early when the Oil were widely outshot. I am in awe how this guy has corrected clear deficiencies from last year and was a wall tonight. The defense held tonight while they didn't show the stellar, smooth outlet passing we've seem much of the year, the corp scrapped and battled all night. A ton of blocked shots. Benning must have been a pin cushion in a past life as his body seems to attract fast moving objects with another head shot but a gritty guy who is a quality depth defender in my books. Jones is not yet an NHL defender as he shows too much hyperness in his game in contrast to Bear who has slowed his game with a low panic threshold to make simple, smart plays. I think Jones could use more big minutes in Bakersfield subbing out with Persson.

Huge win as this team continues to show its resilience stopping losing streak at two games and tightened their game after several leaky efforts when bad habits snuck back. McDavid and Draisaitl both reach 50 points by December 1 joining elite of elite company in NHL (and Oilers) history.

****ing awesome gritty win. WHOOT!

EDIT: I need to see the goalie interference call again. Looked to me that the Oil were jobbed on a really suspect call. Too bad for Patrick Russell.

The bold can not be understated enough. I know we like to shit on Nuge for lack of production, but he allows the top guys to almost double their production by working together.

Reactions: RegDunlop

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I'm so pleasently surprised with this team so far. I had such low expectations and was not thrilled about hiring the new coach. 1st place in Dec instead of looking ahead to the draft, nice!

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
This is some straight up nonsense. McDavid would be the first to tell you.
And when Draisaitl and McDavid does not win any hardware, I guarantee you fans will say "we should've put McDavid and Drai out there or even pull the goalie in overtime to get that extra point."

If the Canucks was gifted a point, then Draisaitl notches a hat trick in OT, I bet you the fans will be parading in this board about how we "purposely" let the canucks score just to get that extra point for McD and Draisaitl. Too bad that didn't happen. It eventually will. The Oilers are bound to miss an empty net this year and the other team ties it up and takes it to OT. What's better is that if this happened to an Eastern Conference team. Fans here will be like "it's ok giving up points to an Eastern opponent just to shove it up Pastrnak and Marchand's face."

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Great win. HUGE! Almost hard to believe they pulled that one out and in regulation.

Reffing was pathetic as usual. These guys need to start diving otherwise the refs just don't give us anything.

Massive win and half the posts are about Sam vs Sheahan. Here's the easy answer. If something actually happened there, Sam is on a bus to Bako. It's that simple.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And when Draisaitl and McDavid does not win any hardware, I guarantee you fans will say "we should've put McDavid and Drai out there or even pull the goalie in overtime to get that extra point."

If the Canucks was gifted a point, then Draisaitl notches a hat trick in OT, I bet you the fans will be parading in this board about how we "purposely" let the canucks score just to get that extra point for McD and Draisaitl. Too bad that didn't happen. It eventually will. The Oilers are bound to miss an empty net this year and the other team ties it up and takes it to OT. What's better is that if this happened to an Eastern Conference team. Fans here will be like "it's ok giving up points to an Eastern opponent just to shove it up Pastrnak and Marchand's face."
CalgaryPuck slow today?

Reactions: Cloned

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

This post is so f***ing asinine.

Reactions: Cloned and Oilhawks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Only hardware the fans care about is the Stanley Cup.
Gaudreau can win art Ross for all I care as long as we make the playoffs.
We only cared about McPoints because we were out of playoffs race.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Only hardware the fans care about is the Stanley Cup.
Gaudreau can win art Ross for all I care as long as we make the playoffs.
We only cared about McPoints because we were out of playoffs race.
It is easy to point at Gaudreau knowing he will never win it in his life. I guarantee this board would choke on it if a flames won it. Out of playoffs or not, you should read the GDTs everynight and see how many do care about McPoints. You don't care and that is you. Don't lump in all fans. The art ross is something many fans care about and is probably the only hardware that is within grasp and linked to the oilers. The stanley cup is a crapshoot with more than 30 to 1 odds we get to the finals.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It is easy to point at Gaudreau knowing he will never win it in his life. I guarantee this board would choke on it if a flames won it. Out of playoffs or not, you should read the GDTs everynight and see how many do care about McPoints. You don't care and that is you. Don't lump in all fans. The art ross is something many fans care about and is probably the only hardware that is within grasp and linked to the oilers. The stanley cup is a crapshoot with more than 30 to 1 odds we get to the finals.
It would actually be pretty pathetic if McD or Drai win the art Ross and we don't make the playoffs.
Laughing stock of the league if we aren't already.

So Yeh playoffs>>> personal hardware ..

Reactions: guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad