Post-Game Talk: Resilience!

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
It is easy to point at Gaudreau knowing he will never win it in his life. I guarantee this board would choke on it if a flames won it. Out of playoffs or not, you should read the GDTs everynight and see how many do care about McPoints. You don't care and that is you. Don't lump in all fans. The art ross is something many fans care about and is probably the only hardware that is within grasp and linked to the oilers. The stanley cup is a crapshoot with more than 30 to 1 odds we get to the finals.

Everyone wants McDavid/Draisaitl to win trophies but if I had to chose between them winning some hardware this year and the Oilers making the playoffs I would take the latter 11 times out of 10, and I think that goes for 99% of Oilers fans. Matthews, Gaudreau, and Pettersson could sweep the awards and I wouldn't give a shit if the Oilers make the playoffs.

Reactions: MikeFLB and guymez

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
It would actually be pretty pathetic if McD or Drai win the art Ross and we don't make the playoffs.
Laughing stock of the league if we aren't already.

So Yeh playoffs>>> personal hardware ..
We will make the playoffs barring injuries. Not worried about this. Petsonal hardware is a team's accomplishment. Hockey is the ultimate team sport. If i was a teammate i would tell mcdavid to stay out there and get that extra point. If all fails we take it to OT.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Everyone wants McDavid/Draisaitl to win trophies but if I had to chose between them winning some hardware this year and the Oilers making the playoffs I would take the latter 11 times out of 10, and I think that goes for 99% of Oilers fans. Matthews, Gaudreau, and Pettersson could sweep the awards and I wouldn't give a **** if the Oilers make the playoffs.
Playoffs is a given at this point. Right now the key is to sweep the awards and stick it to the bruins in the cup finals. Imagine Marchand's rat face when he loses the art ross by a point and have to shake hands with mcdavid in game 7 as a loser. Mcdavid can say, sorry for taking all the hardware from you.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
He does appear to poke Pettersson in the back of the knee, but if he(Pettersson) could harden some of that softness, he probably fairs a better chance of staying on his feet.
funny thing is bear does this a lot, ive noticed this a few times this season, its a smooth play really and gives him an advantage

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
funny thing is bear does this a lot, ive noticed this a few times this season, its a smooth play really and gives him an advantage
It's technically a trip, but it's one of those things where most guys are strong enough to keep their balance, but they almost always lose the puck. He's a very smart player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad