Pre-Game Talk: Resident Evil 4

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Can someone explain to me a a WAR is? I see all these fancy charts and don't understand a thing...
At its core, WAR is a one-number estimate of the value (in wins) an individual player provided over a “replacement level player.” People often use the term wins above replacement (WAR) interchangeably with goals above replacement (GAR) and justifiably so. Hockey models typically calculate a player’s GAR, and use a translation factor (roughly five goals per win) to convert that to WAR. There are parallels to baseball, where player contributions to wins can be attributed to runs.

What is a replacement level player?

It’s a broad term to describe the kinds of players a team can acquire and play at a moment’s notice. These are players who shuttle through waivers every year, or are emergency call-ups from the AHL (good players in the AHL who become limited at the NHL level).

From The Athletic:
What is WAR? Everything you need to know about hockey's 'wins above replacement' revolution

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
The Druid brings the double meaning to being a Bear. That boi is thicc.

Enjoying all the character design and the graphics in general. Such an improvement on D3.
Yeah so far I’m really impressed!! Let’s just hope the final release is as good!!! But it’s really trending in a good direction!!!

Graphics and art style are top notch!!

Good bye social life!!!

Silent hill

so scary. Except those nurses with the skimpy outfits!
Can’t play them. I still remember a moment in a school. Giggling children followed by intense screaming. Shut it off. Hard pass…

It’s odd. I love horror movies but can’t usually do horror games…

Reactions: The Safe Play

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Stew vs Soup.. note the surplus values..

1kI4j6A.jpg

1zHoTJj.jpg

It's funny because they kind of look like the graphs that represent them when in net.. big thicc stu or weak skimpy soup

Reactions: McBeastMode

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Can someone explain to me a a WAR is? I see all these fancy charts and don't understand a thing...

To just build on the execllent summary from @RattsSSV it essentially answers the following question:

How many more wins does McDavid give the Edmonton Oilers than Devin Shore?

The answer is more than anyone else would in the league.

Reactions: RattsSSV

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I hope Klim embraces pride night. Probably not an easy decision for any Russian player.

I mean if you're referring to the Russian law that's a rather fanciful excuse.

The anti-LGBTQ Propaganda law signed by the Duma has a maximum penalty of 5,000 rubles (about $64 USD lol). Nobody has been killed or sent to the gulag over it.

Things always may change but I think Putin has bigger fish to fry than punishing the family of a Russian hockey player playing in the NHL.

That's what makes what the Blackhawks did so f***ing ridiculous.

Reactions: capazzo

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

The anti-LGBTQ Propaganda law signed by the Duma has a maximum penalty of 5,000 rubles (about $64 USD lol). Nobody has been killed or sent to the gulag over it.

Things always may change but I think Putin has bigger fish to fry than punishing the family of a Russian hockey player playing in the NHL.

That we know about.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

The law also doesn’t apply to those Russians outside Russia or their families inside Russia if a Russian wears the Pride jersey here, as many Russians have. It’s a complete cop out as you say, but people in North America buy the scary Russian bullshit some teams are using as an excuse, hook, line and sinker.

That said, if a player doesn’t want to wear a special jersey then that’s their own deal. Not everyone will have the same morals or values. Rational discourse may change a viewpoint but forcing someone to do something they don’t want to do will not.

In the end - It’s a free country - move to Russia or China if people want to force people to do things they don’t want to do.

Last edited:

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Our boy Klim mad catholic throwing up sign of the cross on bench...

I hope he just wears the f***ing thing so we don't get another "omg they didn't wear it" media circus but at the same time I don't feel like he should feel pressured to partake in something he doesn't believe in.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Our boy Klim mad catholic throwing up sign of the cross on bench...

I hope he just wears the f***ing thing so we don't get another "omg they didn't wear it" media circus but at the same time I don't feel like he should feel pressured to partake in something he doesn't believe in.
Well he strikes me as not a complete asshole so I believe he'll be a nice person about it and wear the meaningless symbol. Lot of players getting exposed as religious phonies these days though, only following the rules that support their intolerant beliefs and not the other ones.

Reactions: Kerberos

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
The law also doesn’t apply to those Russians outside Russia or their families inside Russia if a Russian wears the Pride jersey here, as many Russians have. It’s a complete cop out as you say, but people in North America buy the scary Russian bullshit some teams are using as an excuse, hook, line and sinker.

That said, if a player doesn’t want to wear a special jersey then that’s their own deal. Not everyone will have the same morals or values. Rational discourse may change a viewpoint but forcing someone to do something they don’t want to do will not.

In the end - It’s a free country - move to Russia or China if people want to force people to do things they don’t want to do.

That being said the reaction is also free speech.

You’re completely able to make your own decisions but you are not excluded from the consequences of those decisions.

So if you don’t wear the jersey, tape, whatever I’m still within my rights to call you an ass.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Well he strikes me as not a complete asshole so I believe he'll be a nice person about it and wear the meaningless symbol. Lot of players getting exposed as religious phonies these days though, only following the rules that support their intolerant beliefs and not the other ones.

See the problem is you just referred to it as a meaningless symbol... Is that what it's supposed to be?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That being said the reaction is also free speech.

You’re completely able to make your own decisions but you are not excluded from the consequences of those decisions.

So if you don’t wear the jersey, tape, whatever I’m still within my rights to call you an ass.

Certainly, they are free to do as they please, and will bear the consequences of their actions. I am not in favour of the cancel culture however, as I said, rational discourse and understanding will be better than calling someone an asshole. Calling someone an asshole typically wont help them understand the opposing viewpoint.

Personally I do not see the big deal about wearing a jersey supporting a community. It's not an endorsement per se, it's a simple gesture in good faith that you are welcome.

If Colin Kaepernick feels taking a knee is important to him, then so be it. Walk a mile in someones shoes before we throw stones I suppose.

Unless your a Leafs fan, then throw all the stones you can find.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
See the problem is you just referred to it as a meaningless symbol... Is that what it's supposed to be?
This question just deflects from the real problem, but the jersey simply means they belong in hockey/the rink/ the fan base/ the community. Staal, etc make it out to be much more due to their insecurities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad