News Article: Report: Voracek not injured after crashing Ferrari in Kladno

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I love Russian car cams haha. There is one that's pretty cool one tha shows people helping each other out, as opposed to getting out of the car and beating each other with bats like normal.

Yeah I have to admit to having a sadistic fascination with them......the China accidents are pretty brutal too and the victims are often just ignored. Not uncommon though all over ..people got their own crap to deal with I suppose like not being late for a movie or whatever :sarcasm:

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
There's been a lot more invested both time and money into crash testing since 1985 when Lindbergh's fatal crash occurred. One thing that jumps out at you in the difference in the pics. You see the airbags deployed in Voracek's car which are now standard on all cars.

I don't know if Lindbergh had air bags or not, but Porsche did not start having them as standard until the late 80s (one of the first car companies to do so).

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
A few nights ago, ESPN aired a feature on the Dan Marino-John Elway NFL draft year and mentioned a player the Steelers drafted in the first round (Gabe Rivera) who is paralyzed.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/story/alt/Promising-football-career-cut-short-for-?blockID=895667

-------------------
I don't know how many remember Daryl Stanley - he played in the mid-80s and was a 6th/7th d-man during the 1987 Finals, but a couple of years prior he and another Flyers' player (Len Hachborn) got into a bad wreck when they played for Hershey (Flyers' AHL farm team). Stanley thought Hachborn was dead. Stanley had to go through some extensive rehabbing in which he was immobile for about two months mainly because his neck was bleeped up.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Europeans are just nutty aggressive drivers but some of it is by necessity...any hesitation and you are assured an accident. I still hate it especially when I'm with my cousins in Italy...

One thing though is that they like to tailgate to pass...sometimes against oncoming traffic. Maybe Jake was trying to overtake the truck...most likely.

The car cam footage on you tube particularly the ones in Russia are crazy.

Well, Italians are "special aggressive" drivers. :D

Fortunately he isn't injured!

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I'm very thankful Jake is alright, this franchise has suffered enough losing bright young kids to vehicle wrecks

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
First thought that came to mind: Pelle Lindbergh.

Agreed

This is why I dont tailgate. "Minimum safe difference" from the vehicle in front of you is determined for a reason.

Jake (and anyone who tailgates) dont be stupid. Stay back.

I think they said that the truck was turning or something, and I guess was making a left out in front of Jake? That's the only thing that makes sense from seeing the minimal damage on the truck...

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney
Y'all don't know it yet, but by defying injury in a crash like that, Jake just single handedly lifted the curse of Pelle Lindbergh. We will never have goaltending issues again.

One can only hope...

Don't think there's a single person who is aware of Flyers or general hockey history who wouldn't have thought of Pelle the moment they saw this.

Just glad he's unharmed and will hopefully have learned a BIG lesson about the need to drive responsibly.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lucky guy, glad he is okay. If he hits that pole/tree having trouble figuring out which on the drivers door instead of sheering off the front end of the car, we have a very sad outcome here. Stinks about his car, but he is very lucky that is all that happened.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Dangerous roads around Kladno :laugh: Pavelec had "recently" (last year IIRC) similar accident in that region, but he was driving under influence.

I still don't get why they drive these cars in CZE, there's literally about one mile of roads in total suited for such cars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad