News Article: Report: Seabrook aiming to return for NHL's 24-team playoffs

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
:huh:

He signed his contract in the summer of 2013. After having 23 points(9G 14A) in 48 RS games, and following that up with 17 points in 23 PO games...

Why would the season after he signed his contract have given them a clue about his MS? The 13-14 season had exactly nothing to do with his contract...

He was coming off a .5PPG season, and .74PPG playoffs when he signed the contract.
I never said anything about the MS...It was a lousy contract.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
IMHO he doesn't have to get all of his steps back--he just has to be one of the top 6 defenders who's able to play in a play-in type situation. So at the least fighting for a playoff spot and at the most a 1st round playoff situation.

Now, for the 'hawks--how hard is that to do? Keith and Murph are the only two at this point de facto better. Maata is slow as well, deHaan is also coming off of an injury. That puts Seabrook at 5 or better.

Beaudin, Boqvist, and Carlson are so green they need mowing. Mitchell even moreso. Combined they all have less than 50 NHL games between them. I don't think any coach in their right mind would be pushing for multiples of them out against a team with as much O as the oil. I figure the best one gets the shot and they are paired with a wily vet. That leaves Seabrook to beat out...Seeler and Koekkoek.

If Seabrook is not better than Seeler and Koekkoek... he might as well just hang it up (and we're @#$% eight ways from Sunday going into the play-in). The bar for Seabs to overcome is really, really low--especially as a bottom-pair anchor.

I mostly agree but I do think K4 is better than what he's given credit for.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I never said anything about the MS...It was a lousy contract.

You quoted a post about predicting he would get MS... and in it mentioned his season of 11g and 4a being a clue... which came after he already signed the contract...

Even if your post was entirely unrelated to MS, which I find hard to believe, considering you quoted someone sarcastically saying they should have predicted he would get MS, and then pointed at a season being a "clue"... that came after he had already signed the contract... Either way, it was a dumb post.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
My issue with Seabs isn't that he lost a step. a d man can make up for that with positioning. My biggest problem is his lack of being physical, especially along the boards, he can't stay on his skates and falls down so easily. Was that from his physical condition? He still has a decent shot from the blue line and liked him on the PP over Keith. If he is healthy, I'm afraid he will be in the line up.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
My issue with Seabs isn't that he lost a step. a d man can make up for that with positioning. My biggest problem is his lack of being physical, especially along the boards, he can't stay on his skates and falls down so easily. Was that from his physical condition? He still has a decent shot from the blue line and liked him on the PP over Keith. If he is healthy, I'm afraid he will be in the line up.

I definitely expect he will be in too, if healthy

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
You quoted a post about predicting he would get MS... and in it mentioned his season of 11g and 4a being a clue... which came after he already signed the contract...

Even if your post was entirely unrelated to MS, which I find hard to believe, considering you quoted someone sarcastically saying they should have predicted he would get MS, and then pointed at a season being a "clue"... that came after he had already signed the contract... Either way, it was a dumb post.
Then I fit right in. I apologize for quoting the the wrong post. It was a $hit contract from the start.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
3m per year for a power forward who puts up .5pgg isn't a bad contract. The only reason he didn't maintain that level of play is the MS...

*4m per and I disagree in regards to that with Bicks but I've long maintained my stance on his play since his Ottawa 67 days. Love that he steps it up when it counts (even in that year when he could've started developing MS, he still put up 10 points in 19 games in the playoffs.. 7 of those goals), but regular season Bicks and playoff Bicks have always been 2 entirely different players.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
*4m per and I disagree in regards to that with Bicks but I've long maintained my stance on his play since his Ottawa 67 days. Love that he steps it up when it counts (even in that year when he could've started developing MS, he still put up 10 points in 19 games in the playoffs.. 7 of those goals), but regular season Bicks and playoff Bicks have always been 2 entirely different players.

Yeah. For some reason I thought his contract was 3m per. Even still, I think his contract would have been ok, and moveable, if not for the MS.

Pitter Patter

May 20, 2020
Bad hips will do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad