Repenting For Our Florida Panthers Draft Pick Greed

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Insane. We were looking EASILY at a 12th pick at one point. And now, at best 29th.....

Well Canes will win this. Teravainen is about to make a comeback too.
Pens allowing 5 goals against the worst team in the league cost this. Sabres not signing Levi sooner cost this. Marchand nearly ended them on a buzzer beater then Ullmark lost the series for them. Matthews and Marner putting up the worst offensive performance out of two stars I have ever seen.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pens allowing 5 goals against the worst team in the league cost this. Sabres not signing Levi sooner cost this. Marchand nearly ended them on a buzzer beater then Ullmark lost the series for them. Matthews and Marner putting up the worst offensive performance out of two stars I have ever seen.
Somehow....I just don't think it's in the cards for us. When we pick high, it's awful years. When we have a chance to rack the picks, something liek that happen. I mean, nobody thought the Karlsson deal would be so good for Ottawa and yet...

Just not in the cards.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Somehow....I just don't think it's in the cards for us. When we pick high, it's awful years. When we have a chance to rack the picks, something liek that happen. I mean, nobody thought the Karlsson deal would be so good for Ottawa and yet...

Just not in the cards.
Hopefully Hrabal is going to be good because I can’t see Dvorsky making us a contender.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I really like Nick Lardis with our Florida pick at #29...explosive skater, terrific instincts snd he has a great shot.
If he picked...the Habs should consider Ethan Gauthier...plays hard...all around excellent talent.

Reactions: Beaker

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Some on this board wanted Toronto to lose...they didn't care if we would pick #29...they got their wish....though it hurts the Habs....move down 12 spots.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Insane. We were looking EASILY at a 12th pick at one point. And now, at best 29th.....
It was not that hard to forsee the potential danger which is why I stated many times that it was not in the Habs' interest to lose all the games to the Panthers.

Had we won just ONE game in regulation out of the four, Habs would be drafting 6th and 13th instead of 5th and 29th+

Incredible that this was a lottery pick for a while. Stupid Pens, Bruins and Leafs.
Stupid Habs who did not win one game against Florida. Had they won one in regulation, they would be drafting so much better overall.

Reactions: Andrei79

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Some on this board wanted Toronto to lose...they didn't care if we would pick #29...they got their wish....though it hurts the Habs....move down 12 spots.
Do you think the Habs fans that were cheering for Florida influenced the outcome? Like some cosmic force that changed the tides of time?

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
crazy how chicago has done some damage too and got rewarded with bedard
Seriously.... Those couple of wins from Chicago ruined our tank 2. I just could not believe the Pittsburgh choked so hard in the last 2 games of the season. The best teams in the league also chocked....

Florida is the ultimate Cinderella story of the NHL.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Becomes moot if Michkov isn't taken top 4 and we don't draft him.

There's really no difference of 5-10 after that top 4 and an excluded Michkov.

I'm really confident that Benson and Leonard are worth a top 5 pick. They have 1st liner potential.

But yeah I really want Matvei Michkov or Smith//Carlsson.

Can't wait to see that !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad