Repenting For Our Florida Panthers Draft Pick Greed

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
All year, us Habs fans have followed the Florida Panthers more closely than the Montreal Canadiens. We greedily dreamed of Ben Chiarot turning into Connor Bedard. In the first half of the season, Florida stumbled out of the gate, filling us with hope and bravado. We started creating jynx threads like "How low can Florida finish this year?", some posters taunted Panthers fans on their forum after their losses, and in the tank thread, some even prioritized tank #2 over tank #1. Our actions angered the Hockey Gods, unleashing a number of brutal plagues. In the second half of the season, the Panthers got hot and strung together an incredible number of come from behind wins. Meanwhile, all their competition for the Wild Card crumbled and Buffalo and Pittsburgh chose mediocrity at the trade deadline. When the playoffs began, we sold our souls and cheered for the Bruins, but once again, the Hockey Gods sneered at us while we watched the Panthers come back from a 3-1 deficit.

I am calling on all Montreal Canadiens fans to repent and to make a small sacrifice at the alter of the Hockey Gods. In the Leafs-Panthers series, we must collectively cheer for the Panthers against our true enemy - the Toronto Maple Leafs. If you have the means, consider doubling down and betting $1 on the Florida Panthers.

If we collectively repent, maybe, just maybe the Hockey Gods, Lottery Gods, or Draft Gods will look favourably upon our beloved Montreal Canadiens :naughty:

Amen

J I N X
I
N
X

(Please gamble responsibly)

Last edited:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Praying GIFs | Tenor

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Will buy a Bruins jersey and yell habs suck in downtown at 2 am if we win the lottery, does one beatdown count ?

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I never really cared all that much. I was glad when they were losing a ton but mostly I'd just never expected much and thought they'd be good. Once they got hot I figured something like this might happen.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am calling on all Montreal Canadiens fans to repent and to make a small sacrifice at the alter of the Hockey Gods.
This is straight out of The Da Vinci Code.

“Alter” and not “altar” — there must be an alternate meaning, an alternate reality, something cryptic, a secret code that must be uncovered.

WU2d7If.gif

sgvcN8L.gif

Or perhaps, the truth lies elsewhere ...

O8efvj0.gif

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
All year, us Habs fans have followed the Florida Panthers more closely than the Montreal Canadiens. We greedily dreamed of Ben Chiarot turning into Connor Bedard. In the first half of the season, Florida stumbled out of the gate, filling us with hope and bravado. We started creating jynx threads like "How low can Florida finish this year?", some posters taunted Panthers fans on their forum after their losses, and in the tank thread, some even prioritized tank #2 over tank #1. Our actions angered the Hockey Gods, unleashing a number of brutal plagues. In the second half of the season, the Panthers got hot and strung together an incredible number of come from behind wins. Meanwhile, all their competition for the Wild Card crumbled and Buffalo and Pittsburgh chose mediocrity at the trade deadline. When the playoffs began, we sold our souls and cheered for the Bruins, but once again, the Hockey Gods sneered at us while we watched the Panthers come back from a 3-1 deficit.

I am calling on all Montreal Canadiens fans to repent and to make a small sacrifice at the alter of the Hockey Gods. In the Leafs-Panthers series, we must collectively cheer for the Panthers against our true enemy - the Toronto Maple Leafs. If you have the means, consider doubling down and betting $1 on the Florida Panthers.

If we collectively repent, maybe, just maybe the Hockey Gods, Lottery Gods, or Draft Gods will look favourably upon our beloved Montreal Canadiens :naughty:

Amen

J I N X
I
N
X

(Please gamble responsibly)

Screw the Hockey Gods- no such thing :eek2:, and if they were, they wouldn't listen to us anyways.
I aint repenting for nuttin. I have my priorities right- banish the Bruins, now time to banish the Cats. Go Laffs Go. :facepalm:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Screw the Hockey Gods- no such thing :eek2:, and if they were, they wouldn't listen to us anyways.
I aint repenting for nuttin. I have my priorities right- banish the Bruins, now time to banish the Cats. Go Laffs Go. :facepalm:
Hockey gods are real and anyways even if they didint exist we deserve no nice things after 20 years of dog poo management. (i mean we the fans do but not the organisation)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As was obvious, Bergeron was playing injured. So was Kreici probably.

Tough to win a series when both your top 2 centers are injured.

At least this bodes well for the Leafs - that the Panthers were only able to beat a depleted Bruins team.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it really is a bummer though that Florida just didn't stay shit. They were trending low for the lion's part of the year. Could've really helped the future. But sometimes lower picks work out. Some guy falls or you second guess less because all of your other guys are on but you're sure this one will be a player.

I like where we're headed regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad