Rene Bourque

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
On a good team he'd be a better player. He can't be relied on to be a power forward type on a team lacking size like us. I don't dislike him as much as others because I still think he's a useful player. There are others on this team I would trade before Bourque.

That is a wcary thought but true. Says a lot about this version of the Habs. After watching last nights game I am getting tires of seeing poor Gallagher getting hung out to dry in front of the net, behind the net, at the blue line and every other place on the ice he goes. We need another 10 Gallaghers on this team and get rid of Moen, Bourque, Gionta, etc. this team needs a big shake up. In pittsbugh we would of lost if there was anyone else in nets other than fleury.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
That is a wcary thought but true. Says a lot about this version of the Habs. After watching last nights game I am getting tires of seeing poor Gallagher getting hung out to dry in front of the net, behind the net, at the blue line and every other place on the ice he goes. We need another 10 Gallaghers on this team and get rid of Moen, Bourque, Gionta, etc. this team needs a big shake up. In pittsbugh we would of lost if there was anyone else in nets other than fleury.

It's hard to believe that Bourque can sit on the bench and watch Gallaguer's play and it doesn't rub off on him at all. Moen and Gionta both play with heart and energy though.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Play Bourque with DD and move Gally to another line? Bourque did play well last time he played with DD. Heck, I think DD played better than usual also. Albeit, Patches didn't play that game so that could a reason.

What I want to know is has Bourque play with DD before? And if so, how did he do?
And any chance that a Patches - DD - Bourque line be successful?
And no, I have no delusion that such a line would play better than a Patches - DD - Gally line but a Patches - DD - Bourque line plus an <insert player> - Eller - Gally line combination, could potentially play better as a whole.

Gotta get René and Lars going. I'd try Bourque with DD and Patch and get the youngsters back together.

Brière - Pleks - Gionta
Pacioretty - DD - Bourque
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - White - Weise

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Eklund says Bourque has asked for a trade. I bet he has asked to be traded to the Pens so he can play with Crosby and get Crosby to feed him so he can score more and get a new 8million per contract.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Lapierre played here you know. Bourque may be heartless but he doesn't instigate things and not back it up or pretend he's dying on the ice when he gets hit.

At least Lapierre was passionate and his antics were done in his attempt to help the team. Bourque just doesn't care.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
He played well last night.

Call me a contrarian but I'm not as sold on Eller as the rest of the people here are.

He looks like Palushaj V2.

Nigel Dawes would have produced more than either of these guys by the way.

Bourque played well? I was at the game, he was terrible. Boneheaded plays all over the ice.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Apparently, Bourque has a no trade clause with a list of 10 teams where he won't play. Maybe Montreal is on this list. It would explain his play lately.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
On a good team he'd be a better player. He can't be relied on to be a power forward type on a team lacking size like us. I don't dislike him as much as others because I still think he's a useful player. There are others on this team I would trade before Bourque.

I disagree. He produced with Calgary because for most of his time there after Iginla they had nobody who could do anything offensively. So he was on the #1 PP and was put in lots of offensive situations because there was no one else. So when he's treated like a teams top offensive guy he's able to produce respectably. But no good team would play Bourque that way because they have better players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad