Rene Bourque

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I'm really frustrated watching him skate around. He plays like he doesn't care. He loses every battle. He's not skilled enough to play top 6, he's being paid like one. Travis Moen has similar skills set but Moen tries and is useful in the penalty kill. I think Bourque is taking up space. Give him away free if you have to. Reminds me too much of Scott Gomez and Andrei Kostitsyn. Please trade Bourque.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
No passion for the game; which explain everything. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire at the end of his contract.

Remi

Mar 2, 2012
Denmark
Useless player who ruins the other players gameplay around him.

Just look at Eller....

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Strange timing for this thread...i thought he had one of his best games of the season tonight. Although I generally dont like him on the team.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Been saying it forever. The most gutless POS I've ever seen in a Canadiens uniform.

Lapierre played here you know. Bourque may be heartless but he doesn't instigate things and not back it up or pretend he's dying on the ice when he gets hit.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm really frustrated watching him skate around. He plays like he doesn't care. He loses every battle. He's not skilled enough to play top 6, he's being paid like one. Travis Moen has similar skills set but Moen tries and is useful in the penalty kill. I think Bourque is taking up space. Give him away free if you have to. Reminds me too much of Scott Gomez and Andrei Kostitsyn. Please trade Bourque.

I'm sure if they could give him away for free they already would have...but it's not possible...they'd have to take back a similar or bigger contract(like Parenteau).

Maybe in the off season with his salary dropping, a small market team might be interested, lower salary than cap hit.

2014-15 and 2015-16 salary:2.5 mil 3.33 mil cap hit

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
if only the guy had as much instensity as A.K... :help:

I'm sure it was meant in half-jest, but I have to agree. He makes me miss AK so much. :laugh:

Some games, AK would get a mean streak and he'd start using his strength. He was really hard to stop then. Some games, not so much. For Bourque, it's just NEVER happening.

He holds the torch 6 feet under.

patsbury

Feb 19, 2008
Montreal or Drummond
René Bourque...should have been bought out. After this year, we still have 2 more seasons of him; this would have been Kaberle last season on his contract...just saying. Between sitting him or Bouillon in the press box, not much difference. Bourque buy out was what I wanted last year; everyone got fooled by a "good" (13 points in 27 games, it is a stretch to say that for his salary) half a season.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What's there to discuss? He is literally completely useless most nights and costs the team more than he contributes.

One fot he best cases of additon by subtraction I've seen. Replacing him with anyone from the Dogs would be an upgrade as at least they'd play with some passion.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
On a good team he'd be a better player. He can't be relied on to be a power forward type on a team lacking size like us. I don't dislike him as much as others because I still think he's a useful player. There are others on this team I would trade before Bourque.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Lapierre played here you know. Bourque may be heartless but he doesn't instigate things and not back it up or pretend he's dying on the ice when he gets hit.

If Bourque was from Lachine instead of LaBiche, the biggots here would have 2000 posts already this morning saying how bad he is and that he's only there for one reason. Praising him for not instigating things? Then criticizing Lapierre for stuff that happened four years ago? Quite the biggoted stretch.

Anyways, I've been in Bourque's corner hoping for a resurgence but it's clear that it's not going to happen any time soon. He does have some offensive abilities but he's just so bad in his zone, in the neutral zone and any time he has to make a quick decision with the puck. He's getting worse.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He's DONE. no compete, too many concussions, no hunger. It's over. 100% buyout candidate this summer. imho

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If Bourque was from Lachine instead of LaBiche, the biggots here would have 2000 posts already this morning saying how bad he is and that he's only there for one reason. Praising him for not instigating things? Then criticizing Lapierre for stuff that happened four years ago? Quite the biggoted stretch.

Dude, Bourque gets constantly trashed around here. It was even worse when he was getting quality ice-time and PP time. The bashing has tone down because even for MT he's become an after thought.

GDT are filled with people whining about Bourque, enough of this francophone victimization. Diaz was trashed on, Gionta is constantly trashed on as well. None are francophone Quebeckers.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Dude, Bourque gets constantly trashed around here. It was even worse when he was getting quality ice-time and PP time. The bashing has tone down because even for MT he's become an after thought.

GDT are filled with people whining about Bourque, enough of this francophone victimization. Diaz was trashed on, Gionta is constantly trashed on as well. None are francophone Quebeckers.

I'm not from Quebec and if you think that Bourque and Gionta have gotten the same type of hate that DD and Bouillon have had, you're seriously delusional.

Anyways, Bourque's been bad, worse than ever even though I wish he wasn't.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Play Bourque with DD and move Gally to another line? Bourque did play well last time he played with DD. Heck, I think DD played better than usual also. Albeit, Patches didn't play that game so that could a reason.

What I want to know is has Bourque play with DD before? And if so, how did he do?
And any chance that a Patches - DD - Bourque line be successful?
And no, I have no delusion that such a line would play better than a Patches - DD - Gally line but a Patches - DD - Bourque line plus an <insert player> - Eller - Gally line combination, could potentially play better as a whole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad