OT: Remembering January 17th, 1999: Pavel Bure is traded to the Florida Panthers

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Gretzky says otherwise: I can't find a link unfortunately, maybe someone else can, but Wayne said clearly he thought he was going to be a Canuck and that it was Quinn calling him at I think 2 am insisting he sign the deal that ended it. And he wanted to be a Canuck because of Pavel.
Sure, that was the official story... and I’m saying I don’t believe him because the details don’t add up. (Not to mention, what else is he going to say? “Yeah, I just used them to drive up the price“?)

Even if he ultimately did sell Janet on Western Canada (and to be fair, 1996 Vancouver was no 1988 Edmonton, and closer to LA), he just says “Nah, never mind” in an instant because of a phone call?

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Yes he said that in an interview with elliotte friedman or some other hack. He's half in the bag these days and mostly concerned with tending to his legacy. I don't buy it, for many many reasons, but maybe the biggest one: Janet was not moving back to Canada after she already got Wayne out of here. Especially with NY as the alternative. Nobody with any sense goes against their wife in that situation.
I think you meant nobody with any cents...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad