Some other, No. 1, NHL goalies that have let in goals from long range;
Martin Brodeur
Tony Esposito
Carey Price
Ken Dryden
Vesa Toskala
Tim Thomas
Antero Nittymaki

****happens to the best of them. At least he didn't cost us the game, but Mr. Egoistic, showboat, no accountability, who throws his team under the bus, Did! Waive his ass, this dude is not a good teammate, its evident he's a locker room problem.

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Smith taking no responsibility in the post-game interview. Just says team as a whole should have been better.

I didn’t watch post game. I watched game but I decided early to get drunk for it to ease the pain.
He has a history of that in the past of calling out his teammates and not taking any blame. It drove me crazy. I thought he got rid of that BS . If he don’t take no accountability for this, get rid of him. Very frustrating as a fan to watch this

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
cohRAgM.png

(v2)[/QUOTE

Awesome, this made my day. I feel like venting but seeing this I will just snicker all day and wait for Saturday. 8 PM start here and I’m at a dart tourney/party with 20 people. 15 will be drunk Leaf fans and 1 drunker Oiler fan( me)
This could get intersting

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Team was doing OK until the put mcdrai back together.
Smith should save a few tough shots.

Still the team looks better than last year. Never gives up.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Should mike smith have saved the first goal, yes but tough to pin the rest on him. Tipped puck, guys all alone in the slot, shitty line changes!

I put this on everyone but him..

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
That was a fun 2 months. Old habits die hard. We are an average team in a league where being average isn't good enough.
To be fair Smith would make the Bruins and Capitals suck. Impossible to win with that joke in net. 5 goals should be enough to win any game any day of the friggin week. Even a team like China in the Olympic s could win with that. Ok maybe not the last part but you get what I mean.

Reactions: BlackDogg

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Team has more jam, I will give then that.

But for all the goals they score, lack of commitment to their own zone is biting them. Just like it always does.

And really, who could have predicted the Smith/Koskinen tandem wouldn't be good enough? (everybody)

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Alright Holland time to work your magic. Let's get a 3C with some offense and a top 6 winger. Everything else will sort itself out.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Should mike smith have saved the first goal, yes but tough to pin the rest on him. Tipped puck, guys all alone in the slot, ****ty line changes!

I put this on everyone but him..
Hey Mike, make a few more saves next time, okay? Then again Dave won’t pull you, so...

Reactions: Oilhawks

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
Mike Smith in his post game interview was classic Mike Smith. Takes 0 responsibility while blaming team game when he was the sole reason for the loss.

Temm

Jan 4, 2006
Do the Oilers coaching staff continue to teach recovery strategies? Both micro (i.e. between shifts) and macro (i.e. between games?) It looks to me that players are getting tired compared to the start of the year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mike Smith is 38 this season. There wasn't a lot of expectation when we got him. This is not a player that can play many games anymore. The Flames played him too much and Arizona rode him too hard. Not much left. This is a beat up Ford pickup that isn't going to be the primary hauler.

Current Smith should be seeing around 30 games in a season. He's seen 18 so far and started 17, about twice as much as he should.

So that its a bit odd that in December 2019 a goalie who most here expected would be horrible has now become the *reason* the Oilers are losing games.

The Oilers lost last night because they scored 5 goals and still lost an NHL hockey game. A rare feat that falls on almost everybody on the team. Every scoring chance the Wild got was a complete and utter disaster breakdown by the Oilers in front of Smith last night. One Oilers line played well last night and were engaged. Gagner-Haas-Neal. Good on them. Everybody else deserves what they got.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Do the Oilers coaching staff continue to teach recovery strategies? Both micro (i.e. between shifts) and macro (i.e. between games?) It looks to me that players are getting tired compared to the start of the year.

Its interesting comment but what are the extents of recovery between games and between shifts. The Oilers are riding McDrai outlier hard. These two are getting more forward minutes than ANYBODY in the league. No other team does this, no other team rides two forwards, or even one forward this much.

As those two go the team goes. Those two don't have legs because the coach has rode them into the dirt 40% into the season. Those two metabolically are probably two of the best specimens in all of hockey, more capable than anyone of riding longer minutes and riding shifts. But even for them there are obvious limits.

Tippett just wants his cheat code out on the ice as much as possible. But it stops being that when the dynamic duo are done like dinner.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
f*** being an Oiler fan sucks! I wish I didn't care but it's in my blood. I've tried but I'm on this ship until the end.....

Reactions: barry halls

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
What?

He’s been on the IR for 7 weeks. He’s only played 3 games and in those games he’s got a .927 SV%

What are you on about?

The only thing I can think of is you confused Starrett with Smith.
I read "this season" every time not "his season". My bad, thought they were talking about the oilers season wrecked by injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad