Remember the NHL "cracking down" on interference?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
They've stopped calling slashing too for the most part. It's weird because this proves they see more of what goes on in a game than they let on and yet they choose not to call penalties for a lot of the stuff they see.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Its professional sports - no matter the rules players will do their best to get the upper hand

Get used to it (I dont know how you havent already)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Its professional sports - no matter the rules players will do their best to get the upper hand

Get used to it (I dont know how you havent already)

I'm not complaining about players, I'm complaining about enabling officials. Just put your goddamn arm up.

"BUT WE DON'T WANT TO AFFECT THE GAME"

Well news flash guys, NOT calling penalties affects the game too.

:rant:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
No surprise here. As the games get more intense it's just the way it goes. It's going to be much worse in the playoffs so get ready for it.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
One of the worst seasons for interference I can remember in recent memory. Every game around the league, I see a puck carrier dump it in, chase after it, and a dman will take a few steps out of his lane to make body contact and slow down the forechecker. Every team is guilty of this and it's because refs allow these interference rubs to happen.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Minor penalties
October - December vs January - present

3.573 per game vs 3.063 per game.

16/17 season: 3.34 per game.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
The worst thing about NHL referees is the constant bickering and complaining about them by fans.

It`s a fast game, things get missed. Refs are people, and they make mistakes. They`re also individuals, some might just be better at the job. The play is called on the ice in the moment, not from a birds-eye view on slow-mo replay. The game evolves over time, so things change with the refs and rules.

Yet people are surprised that calls can be inconsistent?

Reactions: Daeni10

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
One of the worst seasons for interference I can remember in recent memory. Every game around the league, I see a puck carrier dump it in, chase after it, and a dman will take a few steps out of his lane to make body contact and slow down the forechecker. Every team is guilty of this and it's because refs allow these interference rubs to happen.

spot on. it’s like a stretch of highway where everyone goes 100 mph. if cops looked at that and said ‘well, everyone’s doing it, can’t single anyone out’ nothing would change. but if they parked there every morning and consistently pulled people over, they would stop speeding

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Minor penalties
October - December vs January - present

3.573 per game vs 3.063 per game.

What is the source for this data?

If true, that is a very peculiar and alarming trend - a symptom of a potentially substantial problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad