Remarkable Year for Senators Prospects/Farm Team

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Well he will certainly be a 40/40 guy based on your evaluation! :laugh:
Elite???? come on he isn't that good. He is a good skater, has a hard but not so accurate shot and has very average hockey instincts.(Stone has far better instincts) Hoffman is already 24 so he is not some 20 year old that is going to develop a lot. I peg him as a good third liner that might be a 20/20 guy. That's it.

That's your interpretation. I never even mentioned any potential numbers but look at Hoffman's profile, really good. I'd expect 25-25 if things pan out really well. I just can't get a good read on Hoffman to be honest. If he doesn't muscle up, he may not even stay on the Sens.

Also, his skating is elite without a doubt.

Minor correction: He was the QMJHL MVP and a finalist for CHL MVP, but did not win.

Ah you're right, for some reason I thought I recall he won it. Thanks for that.

John Holmes*

i never worry about the team when it comes to drafting. they're a top 10 team in this league when it comes to drafting and scouting young talent

It must be all that money that Eugene is putting into development.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I have a feeling Murray might let him walk this summer. He did something similar a couple years back when he let Cody Bass and a couple others leave as RFAs to teams with less depth.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see room for Da Costa with our depth at the NHL and AHL.

He needs to pass one of Spezza, Turris, Zibinejad, Smith while competing with Pageau, Lazar, Grant, Prince all of whom are younger and shown NHL potential.
There's room for Da Costa if we move Ziba to wing and don't re-sign Michalek:

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hemsky - Spezza - Ziba <- please come back Hemsky!
Hoff - Da Costa - Stone <- the new kids line!
Greening - Smith - Condra <- will never happen, as Neil will play here :cry:
Neil

Am I missing anyone?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The Sens have really struck gold with some late picks recently. Stone, Dzingel, Claesson, and Vikstrand were excellent picks. I have no problem saying those guys will all have NHL careers it's just a matter of how good they can be? Will they be solid bottom 6/pairing guys or top 4/top 6 quality?

I also really like the free agents in Da Costa, Schneider and Robinson. Those guys have a very good chance at making it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad