Proposal: Remaining FA targets

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Right. My argument was really that Brule could do better than the Flames (in terms of a fit and giving him an NHL shot), not that the Flames could do better than Brule. If he signs and plays here, he'd be a great guy to get behind.
maybe he could, but he could also view the Flames as an easier lineup to earn a spot with. we might not be able to attract high profile guys, but reclamation projects may see us as the best option for them.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
maybe he could, but he could also view the Flames as an easier lineup to earn a spot with. we might not be able to attract high profile guys, but reclamation projects may see us as the best option for them.

Maybe. It's certainly possible, but if you look at our Western Canadian friends, he has experience in Edmonton and they could use his services right now. He also has experience in Vancouver and they could use his services too, while providing a more competitive team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Maybe. It's certainly possible, but if you look at our Western Canadian friends, he has experience in Edmonton and they could use his services right now. He also has experience in Vancouver and they could use his services too, while providing a more competitive team.
You didn't see the article I assume.

He blames the Oilers for alot. Vancouver IMO is less likely to be able to give him more ice time.

I will dig up the article.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=8668967

and a couple quotes

“I went to see a therapist, who prescribed temporary medication, and I really don’t believe in taking drugs for a problem like that. I thought it should have been dealt with in a different way. But the Oilers wanted me back on the ice as soon as possible. It’s a business and I understand that, and I’m not trying to throw the Oilers under the bus; they reacted as any team would and should.

“Naturally I’ve thought about Vancouver because I’m here, and I know they could use a centre,†said Brule. “The strange thing is that when my agent (Edmonton’s Gerry Johannson) talked to them before, when I was a free agent, they said no because of my father. A lot of teams now think of me as a guy who is going to run around and hit guys, and I know often in that third-line role you need a guy who’s going to provide energy. But they forget I have some skill, which is why I was drafted where was.â€

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Brule is a guy I could really see turning it around somewhere. Phoenix is the first thing that jumps to mind. I would not mind offering him a 1 year deal to see what he can do.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Brule is a guy I could really see turning it around somewhere. Phoenix is the first thing that jumps to mind. I would not mind offering him a 1 year deal to see what he can do.
I wouldn't give him a contract outright, he's coming off a year where he only played 14 games (in Switzerland) with serious psychological issues.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I could see Brule accepting an invite to camp and possibly at first sign an AHL deal with Abbotsford, it's close to where he lives and he played great hockey in Vancouver, it would be a good way for him to get back into the game and if he impresses in the AHL the flames could always sign him later in the season. This scenario is similar to what Paul Ranger did with the maple leafs this year, another player who had psychological problems, signed an AHL deal with his hometown team the marlies and played very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad