Pre-Game Talk: Release the Kraken

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
B395BE4E-1DEF-45F7-ACE9-EA64033448BA.gif

FE713552-CE22-4817-9E99-DC092D908B7D.gif

Let’s hope it’s us who gets the last laugh.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
They play run and gun... If we play defensively aware in the neutral we're good to go. They love to cherry pick. Their team mascot "Turbo Tanev" (not the troll) gets like 3 breakaways a game...if we play skinner he won't score once because he has an absolute muffin. Campbell in net is an auto loss.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I was watching Drai carefully last game, I kinda figured he was about to take a some time off. He was looking slow AF and his stride was way off.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Such an important series

If you haven't watched the kraken yet the crowd is loud and dumb, it's a great market already. Every puck directed towards the net is a grade A scoring chance to the fans and the players have been feeding off that energy. Oilers need to score first and play solid defense and take the crowd out. It should be similar to a playoff game imo

Eberle and Beniers are playing really well but if we lose this series we have big problems. Stylistically we should beat them imo

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Tough back to back. NHL has to get its scheduling shit together with b-to-b games with travel.

I'd like two orders of chunky Stew for these critical games but fear it has to be runny Soup and Stew on the menu. Not sure if I like Stew to go or at home. If the Soup was better I would be less picky but it was recalled and might not be safe for consumption.

Now the cooking Oil is not hot, but warmer for takeout and absolutely cold at home. So will the Oil heat up better in Seattle and sputter out in their own kitchen. If so then do you cook with Stew in Seattle?

Can't we just have damn hot and good Stew and Soup wherever we want?!

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
As someone who has spent his entire life loving the sport of hockey and lives in Seattle only to be incredibly embarrassed by the representation of the sport and fanbase here -- I will be devastated by a loss to Seattle. Almost to the same extent as a BOA loss.

Drai is probably out... What's the lineup

Roderek

Dec 29, 2022
Nah the Kraken get to have their rest and beauty sleep before playing us. Of course they had to play Calgary on B2B, because NHL..
What is the complaint here? Calgary was the team on the B2B last night, or are you complaining that Calgary got Seattle after a 5-day break as their last game was on the 22nd?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
As someone who has spent his entire life loving the sport of hockey and lives in Seattle only to be incredibly embarrassed by the representation of the sport and fanbase here -- I will be devastated by a loss to Seattle. Almost to the same extent as a BOA loss.

Drai is probably out... What's the lineup

Mrs5 and I are heading to Seattle for a game later this year. Heard the rink is pretty awesome and cant wait to get down there to see it and check the crowd out.

My guess if Draisaitl is out:
Hyman McDavid PJ --> please if there is a hockey God strike Woody with lightning to end this charade
Foegle RNH Yamo
Janmark McLoed Kostin
Holloway Hamblin Ryan

What I would like to see:
McLoed McDavid Hyman
Foegle RNH Yamo
Janmark Holloway Kostin
Shore Hamblin Ryan

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Mrs5 and I are heading to Seattle for a game later this year. Heard the rink is pretty awesome and cant wait to get down there to see it and check the crowd out.

Hyman McDavid PJ --> please if there is a hockey God strike Woody with lightning to end this charade
Foegle RNH Yamo
Janmark McLoed Kostin
Holloway Hamblin Ryan

McLoed McDavid Hyman
Foegle RNH Yamo
Janmark Holloway Kostin
Shore Hamblin Ryan

I like your lineup haha especially lack of pj!

What game are you going to? I would probably have more fun going to one against a team I'm not emotionally invested in. The price has kept me away but they drop down quite a bit if you wait until day of

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Foegle RNH Yamo
Janmark McLoed Kostin
Holloway Hamblin Ryan

McLoed McDavid Hyman
Foegle RNH Yamo
Janmark Holloway Kostin
Shore Hamblin Ryan

Like except for the Shore part. So tired of Shore.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I like your lineup haha especially lack of pj!

What game are you going to? I would probably have more fun going to one against a team I'm not emotionally invested in. The price has kept me away but they drop down quite a bit if you wait until day of

We are seeing the Oilers play Seattle on March 18, already bought the seats online. Cant wait!

Like except for the Shore part. So tired of Shore.

Shore....PJ....Shore....PJ....Shore....PJ....decided Shore is used to 4th line spot duty whereas all the RW fill a role better than PJ fills any role on RW imo.

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
What is the complaint here? Calgary was the team on the B2B last night, or are you complaining that Calgary got Seattle after a 5-day break as their last game was on the 22nd?
I think the complaint is that Seattle gets a night off in between while they’re at home and both teams on either side have to play b2b in two different cities.

It does seem strange that the league would make two of their divisional opponents play a home/away b2b on either side of Seattle when it would of been much easier for Seattle to play Calgary tonight and Edmonton tomorrow. Especially since Seattle doesn’t play again until Sunday at home again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad