Reinhart vs. Strome

Bps21*

Main board poll almost as lopsided.

I told you. They hate Strome. Hardcore.

I'm now rooting for him to be great lol.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I see some similarities between Reinhart & Toews. Neither will blow you away with any particular skillset but do everything well. Good vision. High IQ... If Reinhart turns out as half the player Captain Serious is I'll be thrilled.

Also I'd take the entire Reinhart family over the Stromes.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
It's hard for me to judge Strome. He has alot of points playing a 2c behind one of the best prospects in 10 years. I'd have to bet he plays against alot of second and third pairing defenseman since the best D guys have to be on the ice when McDavids out there. So right now I take Reinhart

Bps21*

It's hard for me to judge Strome. He has alot of points playing a 2c behind one of the best prospects in 10 years. I'd have to bet he plays against alot of second and third pairing defenseman since the best D guys have to be on the ice when McDavids out there. So right now I take Reinhart

Coincidentally you just described Reinhart's career going forward.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Coincidentally you just described Reinhart's career going forward.

And if Rienhart does that in the NHL I'll be pleased as punch. I just don't know if Strome can go from a great 2c in the OHL to a 2c in the NHL. Maybe he can but there is a red flag there

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

And if Rienhart does that in the NHL I'll be pleased as punch. I just don't know if Strome can go from a great 2c in the OHL to a 2c in the NHL. Maybe he can but there is a red flag there

How many Otters games did you catch when McDavid was out with the broken hand & at the WJCs?

That gives you a glimpse of what Strome would do as a 1C in the OHL.

ZeroPT*

How many Otters games did you catch when McDavid was out with the broken hand & at the WJCs?

and apart from the Niagara game where he went into beast mode, I wasn't particularly impressed.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

He steped in and played well for the few weeks McDavid was out sure but so what. Alot of guys step up and play well when need be. That Doesn't mean he would be able to do that all year. I don't think he would have had as many points without McDavid on the first line. Maybe he would have, I don't know.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He steped in and played well for the few weeks McDavid was out sure but so what. Alot of guys step up and play well when need be. That Doesn't mean he would be able to do that all year. I don't think he would have had as many points without McDavid on the first line. Maybe he would have, I don't know.

I don't think you can wonder what he would do without McDavid and then dismiss what he did when McDavid missed 21 games this season.

McDavid missed around 1/3 of the season. It was more than just a handful of games.

Strome's PPG with McDavid was 2.00 PPG.
Strome's PPG without McDavid was 1.67 PPG.

Reinhart had 1.75 PPG and Bennett had 1.60 PPG last season in their draft years.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I don't think you can wonder what he would do without McDavid and then dismiss what he did when McDavid missed 21 games this season.

McDavid missed around 1/3 of the season. It was more than just a handful of games.

Reinhart had 1.75 PPG and Bennett had 1.60 PPG last season in their draft years.

The 6 point final game really boosted that PPG. 1.45 before that game.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So basically 1.5 ppg without and 2 ppg with. Still wouldn't take him over Reinhart

I think you can say that you'd take Reinhart over Strome without discounting Strome the way many seem to be doing here.

For the record, I voted for Reinhart.

But, I won't be surprised if Strome ends up having a better NHL career. I think Strome is going to be a really, really good NHL center.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I think you can say that you'd take Reinhart over Strome without discounting Strome the way many seem to be doing here.

For the record, I voted for Reinhart.

But, I won't be surprised if Strome ends up having a better NHL career. I think Strome is going to be a really, really good NHL center.

He may be. It's just a tough sell given there current situation. I'm no scout either so I'm sure there's alot of things I don't know about either player so I can't say with 100% certainty Reinharts the better prospect, I'm just going with what I do know about the two

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014

How many of those games (if any) took place during the world juniors? Curious to see, as I would imagine the talent around the league would go down a bit -- pure speculation on my behalf.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
I'd say stromes the better prospect. That being said I wouldn't trade Reinhart for him and give up the extra two years of development

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad