Reinhart vs. Strome

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I thought this would be an interesting poll, since there has been some debate about it already in different threads, they play similar styles, and both will be top 5 picks in their respective drafts.

Edit: mod, could you make the poll say who is the better prospect? Edit 2: Thanks!

Last edited:

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
They are totally different players.

Plus they are difficult to judge being that ones plays along side McDavid.

Reinhart is all hockey sense, incredible play making ability. Not the fastest, not overly quick but just does all the little things correctly.

Strome is more of a grinding skill player. Not a true grinder but seems to always be around the net, will collect plenty of loose change with enough pure skill to scare a defense.

Playing together they'd likely complement each other nicely.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Interesting. I voted Reinhart but didn't think it would be such a blowout, considering Reinhart went 2nd overall last year and Strome will probably go 3rd or 4th in a year with McDavid and Eichel. I guess it wasn't such an interesting question after all.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I don't know. I would probably go with the bigger guy Strome at this point. I think they are pretty evenly rated as prospects.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Interesting. I voted Reinhart but didn't think it would be such a blowout, considering Reinhart went 2nd overall last year and Strome will probably go 3rd or 4th in a year with McDavid and Eichel. I guess it wasn't such an interesting question after all.
I'm pretty positive most would pick Strome if he were a Sabre and if Reinhart wasn't a Sabre, but they are pretty equal.

Last edited:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They are totally different players.

Plus they are difficult to judge being that ones plays along side McDavid.

Reinhart is all hockey sense, incredible play making ability. Not the fastest, not overly quick but just does all the little things correctly.

Strome is more of a grinding skill player. Not a true grinder but seems to always be around the net, will collect plenty of loose change with enough pure skill to scare a defense.

Playing together they'd likely complement each other nicely.

They actually play pretty similar styles and Storme doesn't play along side McDavid.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Another corollary question is, which would you rather have on the Sabres?

Strome's grinder style might be more in the LAK vein that GMTM is trying to build. But I like Reinhart better for our team because he's a very unique player in terms of our current assets

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad