Post-Game Talk: Reimer Shuts Out the Devils: Leafs 2 - Devils 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Optimus reim baby. Woohoo!

I don't care how cheap luongo is, even if they're giving him away for a low draft pick, I don't want him near our team. before the deadline I was hoping we'd get him, but after seeing Reims play after the deadline, I'm convinced he can carry our team. A veteran backup is needed but it isn't in the form of luongo and his stupid contract!

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
"If he plays like that every game I don't know why they're looking to get another goalie in here. He was unbelievable. I think his poise in the net, his rebound control, he stays in his net and plays within himself — he looked really good, really confident."

- Brodeur

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
"If he plays like that every game I don't know why they're looking to get another goalie in here. He was unbelievable. I think his poise in the net, his rebound control, he stays in his net and plays within himself — he looked really good, really confident."

- Brodeur

Good luck getting HFBoards to respect that. Should have seen the anger on the main boards when Reimer was even mentioned as a top 10 candidate for the vezina :laugh:

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
I know the team was pretty bad overall but I wasn't able to watch most of the game...how was Gardiner?

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I know the team was pretty bad overall but I wasn't able to watch most of the game...how was Gardiner?

He reminds me a bit of Phaneuf when he first got here. All game tonight Gardiner was iffy/bad in the defensive zone but had offensively dangerous moments in the attacking zone. He keeps trying to complicate his play, he needs to just fire the puck up and once and a while fire a shot from the outside of the offensive faceoff circle.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
He reminds me a bit of Phaneuf when he first got here. All game tonight Gardiner was iffy/bad in the defensive zone but had offensively dangerous moments in the attacking zone. He keeps trying to complicate his play, he needs to just fire the puck up and once and a while fire a shot from the outside of the offensive faceoff circle.

Interesting comparison. Phaneuf used to often try to carry the puck in deep and he'd often get caught just like Gardiner is doing. Phaneuf only seems to try it now and then when the Leafs need a comeback in the third these days.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Interesting comparison. Phaneuf used to often try to carry the puck in deep and he'd often get caught just like Gardiner is doing. Phaneuf only seems to try it now and then when the Leafs need a comeback in the third these days.

It can agitate me how Phaneuf does not carry the puck when there is an open slot for him to do so. I remember his beauty on isles in OT where he carried and fired away. If he can get his shot off from there, he can usually score. It just annoys me when he tries to pass it from the slot :shakehead

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
i almost crapped in my pants when phaneuf took that hit and left the
ice favoring his shoulder.

Kudos to the NJ feed for saying Phaneuf is playing like a captain, knew the
hit was coming, still took it to make the play.

Same as saturday against the habs, subban was picking on one of our players,next faceoff dion gives him a shot, they each get two minutes, subban was a non factor the rest of the game.

IMO Phaneuf is really growing into his role as captain, and leading by example.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
It can agitate me how Phaneuf does not carry the puck when there is an open slot for him to do so. I remember his beauty on isles in OT where he carried and fired away. If he can get his shot off from there, he can usually score. It just annoys me when he tries to pass it from the slot :shakehead

I think in RC's system its defence first. I really think Dion is buying into that system and if your leader buys in then the rest of the team follows.

Thats why when we get to overtime Dion usually dominates and almost every game he has a good chance to score. I'm sure if he opened up his game more he could score more points but when he failed to score the other team would have an odd man rush. You also have to remember he plays against the other teams first line every game and it is more important to shut them down and leave the scoring to our best forwards.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008

I prefer him playing safer when there's no desperate need for a goal. Sure it looked great when it worked, but more often he was trying to skate through 2-3 guys and it was a turnover with opposing forwards well behind him.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Hail Reimer, mightier than Jesus.

biggerthanjesus.jpg

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
Only 2 things to note from last night

Some mindless toss bag arse was shouting and hollering during the minutes silence for the Boston marathon bombing I only hope he was spotted and thrown out on his arse!!! :rant:

And you guys don't sing your national anthem which surprised me, as back home especially England and Wales games the crowd belts the anthem out and it really makes your skin tingle and puts tear in your eye but no such thing at the game

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario

Some mindless toss bag arse was shouting and hollering during the minutes silence for the Boston marathon bombing I only hope he was spotted and thrown out on his arse!!! :rant:

And you guys don't sing your national anthem which surprised me, as back home especially England and Wales games the crowd belts the anthem out and it really makes your skin tingle and puts tear in your eye but no such thing at the game

Some games we do, depends on the atmosphere surrounding the game. I notice that when we play Ottawa, Montreal, and other "rivals" that the crowd is in on the anthem, but not as much in other games.

Yeah, the guy yelling during the moment of silence is a *********

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
God damn Reimer was stellar. So happy we finally have a young goalie with a bright future. Watching toskala and gus for years made go more insane year by year.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
NHL.com has uploaded the Moments of Silence from the teams across the league.

Unsurprisingly, ours isn't included. Thanks drunk *******s. :facepalm:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Good luck getting HFBoards to respect that. Should have seen the anger on the main boards when Reimer was even mentioned as a top 10 candidate for the vezina :laugh:

Part of that may have to do with the clubs pursuit of vets like Lu and Kipper. What GM goes shopping for heavy hitters if they have confidence in their number 1? Reimer has to fionish educating Nonis as well as the rest of the league.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
Part of that may have to do with the clubs pursuit of vets like Lu and Kipper. What GM goes shopping for heavy hitters if they have confidence in their number 1? Reimer has to fionish educating Nonis as well as the rest of the league.

IMO we were looking for a vet - not to repalce reimer- but to mentor and take some of the playoff pressure off him. In no way does this seem to me to be a knock on Reimer. This does not include Luongo - if you remember gillis came back to us and offered luongo for pratically nothing and we said no. We were looking at a gap stop measure like a Kipper.

I Believe in Reimer but not so much in Scrivens. Ask yourself this if reimer goes down do you honestly have faith in scrivens to win a game by himself, because that what it will tke for us to win a round. Ank make no mistake, montreal,boston pittsburgh or any other team we play in the playoffs will try to run reimer.Thats a fact!

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto

I heard that idiot while I was watching at home and I hope someone put him in his place. So shameless.

I find that when they bring in anthem singers, people sing quietly to themselves and opt to cheer at certain points during the anthem. I've been a part of some great crowds and great reactions during the anthem and even with a great atmosphere, at no point does the crowd sing over the anthem singer. I've always assumed it was out of respect for the person performing the anthem for us because I've seen that in many arenas where the crowd gives the anthem singer the stage and instead cheers during certain parts.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Week night game vs NJ means the crowd wont really be into it. Come playoff time and they will be. The "real" fans so to speak, will be there. The suits attending regular season games rarely get excited for much of anything.

And ya that guy was an embarrassment. If I attended the game with him I'd of punched him.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Optimus reim baby. Woohoo!

I don't care how cheap luongo is, even if they're giving him away for a low draft pick, I don't want him near our team. before the deadline I was hoping we'd get him, but after seeing Reims play after the deadline, I'm convinced he can carry our team. A veteran backup is needed but it isn't in the form of luongo and his stupid contract!

Reimer is getter hot at the right time...hot goaltenders in the playoffs can take you anywhere...just ask LA last season.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Week night game vs NJ means the crowd wont really be into it. Come playoff time and they will be. The "real" fans so to speak, will be there. The suits attending regular season games rarely get excited for much of anything.

And ya that guy was an embarrassment. If I attended the game with him I'd of punched him.

I was at the game, there was a couple different guys shouting. It came from different parts of the arena each time. F'ing idiots.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 39s

Carlyle apparently went into room in second intermission last night and jokingly ripped on players. Had them all laughing going back on ice.

Love the attitude Carlyle has brought to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad