Post-Game Talk: Reimer Shuts Out the Devils: Leafs 2 - Devils 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Leafs offense bailed Reimer out many times earlier this season. If Reimer played this well throughout the entire season, we would likely be in 1st place in the division and 2nd in the conference right now.

That being said, he is certainly peaking at the right time.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
7-1-2 in their last ten during the most important stretch of the season. Lots of positives on this young Leaf team to look forward to.

Only 1 loss in regulation in the last month is nothing short of impressive

Not to mention Reimer is starting to play his best hockey of the season .. Goaltending is so huge in the playoffs

Hate to say the p-word but I'm hoping the Leafs can keep this momentum heading in the final two weeks of the season

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
So is Reimer getting rest tomorrow night? I think he should. On one hand, we have to ride his hot hand but with the Thursday game close by, I think we should let Scrivens play.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
The Leafs offense bailed Reimer out many times earlier this season. If Reimer played this well throughout the entire season, we would likely be in 1st place in the division and 2nd in the conference right now.

That's the best part with Carlyle's system. We don't need an All-Star goalie in order to make a splash as long as the defense keeps pulling their weight. In seasons past, there was waaaay too much pressure on our goalies to stop 5+ odd man rushes every single game, we would have made Thomas look like a bush league goalie. Thankfully, those days are long gone.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Only 1 loss in regulation in the last month is nothing short of impressive

Not to mention Reimer is starting to play his best hockey of the season .. Goaltending is so huge in the playoffs

Hate to say the p-word but I'm hoping the Leafs can keep this momentum heading in the final two weeks of the season

I knew this was around correct, but still thought it was an exaggeration. NOPE! :laugh: Other than our regulation loss to Philly on Apr 4th, have to go all the way back to March 14th.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site
I was at the game and Reimer outright stole that game.

The crowd was going crazy for him.... the feeling I got inside was "He has arrived!".

He's hell bent on making his mark as the #1 and I think he's done it.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I'm still pissed about that blown lead to the Isles at the beginning of the season

No clue why, but I think about it everyday and get rattled because of it....

:laugh:

HocusPocus

Jul 10, 2009
Tonight was a rare game in that the ACC crowd actually looked loud and fun to be a part of on TV. Hope we see more of that down the stretch.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site
Tonight was a rare game in that the ACC crowd actually looked loud and fun to be a part of on TV. Hope we see more of that down the stretch.

The crowd didn't really come alive until the 3rd when Reimer decided to put on a clinic.

Other than that most were sitting on their hands... was kind of sad, it's more intense in Buffalo when the Leafs play.

Blue Collar > Suits

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
It is about peaking at the right time.

I dont care about earlier games why? Montreal is leading the division but falling apart now,once they get eliminated in the first round,no one will remember Price's great season.

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
The crowd didn't really come alive until the 3rd when Reimer decided to put on a clinic.

Other than that most were sitting on their hands... was kind of sad, it's more intense in Buffalo when the Leafs play.

Blue Collar > Suits

Yup, the crowd was really tame the 1st two periods... but after the performance he put on for us at the ACC, who could not cheer him on? I thought I was going to regret going to the game but the end was so much fun! :P

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Reimer has been on fire and is tracking the puck better then he has ever had. I was not sold on him, but he has changed his game a lot this year...

Franson was a monster again tonight....

It is nice to see the Leafs playing like a team that deserves to win and even win against a very desperate team, by keeping the game simply.

Great shot by Kessel for the win.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Really boring game until the third period. The third was awesome though. Nice snipe by Phil, and the energy of the building reminded me of the "Cujo" and "Eddie" chants.

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
God I hope we clinch the playoffs officially against the Islanders. I'll be at that game, and would love to hear the crowd explode.

Boring game, but they game through when it counted. Kessel is still on fire, the PK has been ridiculous, and Reimer...what can you say? If I hear Luongo rumors this summer I'll be pissed.

I'll be at this game too (3rd game in two weeks...I love it but my wallet hates it). I would definitely love to see the Leafs clinch the playoffs in person.

After this, there's no way we'll be hearing Luongo rumors again.

*knock on wood*

Who has their car flags out? I have to dig my 10-year-old flags out from the back of the closet. :D

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I thought reimer was rounding into this kind of form right before he got injured. it was really bad timing.

then when he came back,he was pretty rusty, but has steadily been getting better every game....and now he seems to be roundibg into top form again, just at the right time.

I'd love to see what this kid coud do if he stayed healthy for a season...every time he comes back from an injury it takes him a while to get his game back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad