Reimer is the worst goalie in the NHL

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The equipment change has hurt a lot of goalies. It's a hard change to deal with not that Reimer was spectacular before or anything.

Florida's defense is terrible. Though, so there's that. That whole team is terrible. Dale Tallon to the Panthers is what Bill Peters is to the Flames. The ultimate sell job. You have a huge climate and monetary boon to make you an attractive spot, a spot lots of Russians are flocking too, and unlike their state rival they just continue to float just below mediocre. I honestly feel like GM'ing for a Florida team is GM mode on easy.

I feel bad for Trochek, Barkov and some of the other good players on that team.
players cant get the endorsement deals in florida that they can get in canada, not to mention like the JT signing no players are "coming home" to florida. and you rarely see either of the florida teams pick up a big name UFA. in recent memory biggest name UFA either florida team has signed that i can think of is Anton Stralman.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Depends on whether Condon counts as an NHL goalie, I guess...

I guess upon reconsideration and the title of the post he does not count because he is not currently in the NHL. However the 2.5 games he did play this season were hands down the worst any goalie has played this season and its not close.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Well, Scott Darling, Darling, Please... came to mind, and it seems by GSAA it's also so:

upload_2018-11-25_19-29-30.png

2017-18 NHL Goalie Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

This season is still quite early, so I referred to last season. So far this season, Mike Smith is in stiff competition with Matt Murray and Calvin Pickard. Darling is lagging behind by being roughly league-average, but it's just 7 games for him. He still has time to work on being the worst.

2018-19 NHL Goalie Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Reimer would be better if he just stood there. Anytime he gets into "position" he shrinks his body and drastically opens the net. He can't read a play to save his life. Check out his play last night. Closes his eyes and ducks for slappers and makes a wish.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Reimer would be better if he just stood there. Anytime he gets into "position" he shrinks his body and drastically opens the net. He can't read a play to save his life. Check out his play last night. Closes his eyes and ducks for slappers and makes a wish.
He sure does! He sometimes reminds me of a turtle trying to pull his limbs and head into his shell when he goes into the butterfly.
It's so frustrating watching him make ten-bell saves and then follow it up by giving up incredibly weak goals.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The equipment change has hurt a lot of goalies. It's a hard change to deal with not that Reimer was spectacular before or anything.

Florida's defense is terrible. Though, so there's that. That whole team is terrible. Dale Tallon to the Panthers is what Bill Peters is to the Flames. The ultimate sell job. You have a huge climate and monetary boon to make you an attractive spot, a spot lots of Russians are flocking too, and unlike their state rival they just continue to float just below mediocre. I honestly feel like GM'ing for a Florida team is GM mode on easy.

I feel bad for Trochek, Barkov and some of the other good players on that team.
Very uninformed post. We're a good goalie away from being a playoff team

Cotton

May 13, 2013

You cant put that on him, his team crumbled around him and the final 10 minutes were played almost entirely in the Leafs zone.

Reimer has confidence issues, when it's there he can go on little stretches were he plays like a Vezina calibre G, unfortunately it's not there much.

James and April win at being the nicest NHL couple though.

Reactions: Ratsreign

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
You cant put that on him, his team crumbled around him and the final 10 minutes were played almost entirely in the Leafs zone.

Reimer has confidence issues, when it's there he can go on little stretches were he plays like a Vezina calibre G, unfortunately it's not there much.

James and April win at being the nicest NHL couple though.

Of course it was a team loss. But you gotta admit that the Leafs would have won if they had better goaltending in the 3rd period.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Matt Murray says hey.

At least Reimer isn’t on IR for mental issues

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Matt Murray says hey.

At least Reimer isn’t on IR for mental issues

I'm positive teams aren't allowed to lie about why players are on IR. They've clearly said he has a lower-body injury. Keep in mind, too, that if your unfounded theory is correct, you're mocking a person for having mental health issues. Surely you don't mean to do that.

WJay

Oct 28, 2016
Well he did cause me to win our fantasy league a couple of years back so I love him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad