Post-Game Talk: REIGNING CUP CHAMPIONS vs. team with some cups a few years ago but just fired their coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Nah, this is the only night of the year, besides snow days, where you can watch people wrestle over food at a grocery store. Looks like I saw more physical action at mine tonight than at the game.

I like all the rampant charging happening with the shopping carts in the crowded isles

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Saw the highlights. Caps looked utterly dominant in this one. WTH happened to Chicago?
Unbelievably meek performance by them.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
This is very ironic. He’s 7m a year more than you’re whipping boy. Let that sink in.
I really dont understand your point other than you trying to start an argument. I have no issue with Toews. He has been one if the best 2way players in the league his entire career. He is one of the most respected players in the league. He is not known as a dirty player. And he doesnt foolishly over celebrate the 7th goal in a 7-0 game. He has 3 Stanley Cups and a Conn Smythe. He plays the game the way it is meant to be played. There is nothing ironic about it.
When I say I have no issue with Toews how does that relate to his salary? It doesnt. If I was paying him then I might have an issue.
You obviously posted this for the intention of starting something. Let me know if anything is inaccurate.
Think about it and let that sink in.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Ovie's passing is a bit better now, but imo it's been underrated throughout his career. He would have as many as 100 more assists in his career if he had had linemates (mostly the opposing winger, but at times including Nicky, unfortunately) who were better at converting his passes.
Sure, I think most Caps & Ovie fans would agree.

We saw more of his passing back when Semin was here, probably because Ovie was confident he could finish.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I really dont understand your point other than you trying to start an argument. I have no issue with Toews. He has been one if the best 2way players in the league his entire career. He is one of the most respected players in the league. He is not known as a dirty player. And he doesnt foolishly over celebrate the 7th goal in a 7-0 game. He has 3 Stanley Cups and a Conn Smythe. He plays the game the way it is meant to be played. There is nothing ironic about it.
When I say I have no issue with Toews how does that relate to his salary? It doesnt. If I was paying him then I might have an issue.
You obviously posted this for the intention of starting something. Let me know if anything is inaccurate.
Think about it and let that sink in.

You constantly rail on Eller, am it’s annoying, so yes I’m going to argue with you about it. Do you simply not understand that salary has everything to do with player expectation?

Eller makes 3.5m
Toews makes 10.5m

So the gap there between the 2 is a player like Backstrom? You’d rather have Toews than Backstrom and Eller? Let’s keep it simple...and start there.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I prefer watching videos of people wrestle over electronics at Walmart during black Friday.

Why watch videos when you can be part of the news cycle?

breaking-news-man-in-bear-costume-arrested-for-tearing-apart-tents-of-black-friday-campers.jpg

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for having a 3rd center the caliber of Lars Eller! Last night time after time Eller brought the puck into the zone between the circles and it resulted in stable possessions and scoring chances. Chicago or Burakovsky would bring the puck into the zone along the boards and the puck would move back and forth along the boards because you give the defense the chance to dictate to you and they want to stop you from opportunities in the slot, if the center can bring the puck between the circles you’re practically in the slot already and have the defense on their heels. When it was Richards, Laich, Perrault, Morrison, etc the 3rd line providing stable entries was like achieving nirvana. And when someone says player X who may be better than Eller is better than Eller because he plays a 200 foot game, is better at the dot, and plays the game right way it is like when someone says the Rams may have won 54-51 but should have run the ball more which is to say it hurts my eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad