Post-Game Talk: REIGNING CUP CHAMPIONS vs. team with some cups a few years ago but just fired their coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
So you're okay with him face-washing the Caps' goalie?
I was pretty surprised at the tepid response from the Caps. Goalies don't get face washed like that often in this league. A year or two ago Willy would have taken Toews' head off for that.

Good win, if a little predictable. It's great to see Holtby give up 2. I always love it when DSP scores. The team D continues to be good with Bowey and Wilson in the lineup. What a pass from Ovie to Willy for his goal, thought I thought running over the goalie was unnecessary there.

Caps are starting to bank points. Keep it up please, especially with the injuries to high impact players.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
I wish Wilson pummeled Toews for pulling that crap. But then again he just got out from a suspension.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Skater-to-skater, but not skater to goalie.
Like I said Toews probably didnt like the little hack from Holtby. Its a nothing play.
The Caps are known for not protecting Holtby. This play didnt bother me much but Ive seen Holtby get run quite often and no one does anything.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
///What a pass from Ovie to Willy for his goal,///

Ovie's passing is a bit better now, but imo it's been underrated throughout his career. He would have as many as 100 more assists in his career if he had had linemates (mostly the opposing winger, but at times including Nicky, unfortunately) who were better at converting his passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad