News and Blog Report: Reid Wilkins: The Audacity of the Deutschland Dangler

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm done here.. u guys carry on with The prophecy!

Oh no, this poster is done here. Shut the thread down...

giphy.gif

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Lol sorry it’s bad ass and all but a thread dedicated to it and all the news about it gives me leaf fan vibes.

It certainly does seem like Drai is the big dick swinger on the team. Guy oozes confidence.

Reactions: oilers'72

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Messier guarantee was on camera at a crucial junction.
Have you ever heard of " I am coming for you mother and you better keep you head up in the corners because we are going to f*** you up"
Drai's 'it ain't over bro' comment was rated E for everyone version of that.

I don’t get this post- makes no sense to me.

Reactions: nabob and Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Like you in an RNH thread

Wait, like you in 30 threads during pandemic, that you wanted closed, and the only apparent reason you were ever posting in them?

Could be theres a difference between my criticism of RNH when he's not bringing anything close to a facsimile of his top play (like last season, conversely I've been nothing but giving praise to Nuge contributions this season) vs a poster critiquing Drai all the time and even in an MVP season and even when he's leading in goals, pts and +/- this season..

Nuge has been playing great. perfectly capable of acknowledging that. But not the topic of the thread.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
For whatever reason, that game meant something to those guys. All the proof you need of it was the team celebration at centre ice after the OT goal was scored. That was much more than you usually see after an early season game. I suspect there was all kinds of trash talking going on during the game from both teams and that led to the extra motivation to come back and beat the Rangers.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For whatever reason, that game meant something to those guys. All the proof you need of it was the team celebration at centre ice after the OT goal was scored. That was much more than you usually see after an early season game. I suspect there was all kinds of trash talking going on during the game from both teams and that led to the extra motivation to come back and beat the Rangers.

Drai took a bad penalty at 4-1, some things were said, the Oilers came out and defended that one with might, and then came back. That pk seemed to be oddly enough one turning point. The Nuge stretch assist was huge in getting things going, but I suspect the Oilers had all kinds of belief this was never over.

Its a weird thing that the Oil kind of rallied around Drai, and then he scored the winner. Would like to be a fly on the wall for everything said.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Drai took a bad penalty at 4-1, some things were said, the Oilers came out and defended that one with might, and then came back. That pk seemed to be oddly enough one turning point. The Nuge stretch assist was huge in getting things going, but I suspect the Oilers had all kinds of belief this was never over.

Its a weird thing that the Oil kind of rallied around Drai, and then he scored the winner. Would like to be a fly on the wall for everything said.

I like angry Drai, that hit was perfectly fine. Should have never been called and I loved seeing him absolute flat back that Rangers player. It was less than a second after he passed the puck and it was shoulder to shoulder/chest area.

The boys killed off the penalty and built momentum off of it. When he brings that added physicality it seems to fire the entire bench up.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
100%. You don't actually think that people who are paid millions of dollars a year for being the top 0.0001% of their occupation are arrogant do you? lol

I work in enterprise IT, and work with some very smart people, who are maybe in the top 5% in the company (not the world) and while they make good money, don't make millions, and they can be arrogant as all hell.

Messier and Gretzky were arrogant. Crosby is arrogant. McDavid and Drai are arrogant. You almost *have to be* to do the things they do, and push themselves the way they do. You have to have the mindset of "I can be literally the best in the world in occupation X if I do these things" in order to put in the time/effort it takes. If you don't believe that you are in that echelon, you won't put in the time. This is true in every occupation I have been witness to. The ones who believe they can accomplish something, often arrogantly and wrongly, at first, put in the time/effort to actually pull it off.

Everyone has a different way of getting the best out of themselves. Its not only arrogance that gets you perform best.

There are positive traits it could entail. Like confidence, and even humbleness.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Shouldn’t of been a penalty, was within the threshold of that finish your check, especially considering shore has been flattened twice in the last 2 games no where near the puck

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like angry Drai, that hit was perfectly fine. Should have never been called and I loved seeing him absolute flat back that Rangers player. It was less than a second after he passed the puck and it was shoulder to shoulder/chest area.

The boys killed off the penalty and built momentum off of it. When he brings that added physicality it seems to fire the entire bench up.
Shouldn’t of been a penalty, was within the threshold of that finish your check, especially considering shore has been flattened twice in the last 2 games no where near the puck
heh

Looks like standard NHL officiating applying to the Oilers is messing with my head. yeah, any of our players even doing something that can verge on gettign called, gets called. Or I've come to expect it.

But points taken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad