Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Or arrogance.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Or arrogance.

100%. You don't actually think that people who are paid millions of dollars a year for being the top 0.0001% of their occupation are arrogant do you? lol

I work in enterprise IT, and work with some very smart people, who are maybe in the top 5% in the company (not the world) and while they make good money, don't make millions, and they can be arrogant as all hell.

Messier and Gretzky were arrogant. Crosby is arrogant. McDavid and Drai are arrogant. You almost *have to be* to do the things they do, and push themselves the way they do. You have to have the mindset of "I can be literally the best in the world in occupation X if I do these things" in order to put in the time/effort it takes. If you don't believe that you are in that echelon, you won't put in the time. This is true in every occupation I have been witness to. The ones who believe they can accomplish something, often arrogantly and wrongly, at first, put in the time/effort to actually pull it off.

Reactions: Aerrol

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
It's an interesting take...if t's considered being arrogant. Having experienced it as well, or in situations to experience it, I would consider it confidence...supreme confidence in your ability and not necessarily arrogance. But I think a lot of people can view or see a very confident person as coming across as arrogant. There is a difference...maybe slight...but different. That would be the way I view it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You ever heard of the Messier guarantee?
Messier guarantee was on camera at a crucial junction.
Have you ever heard of " I am coming for you mother and you better keep you head up in the corners because we are going to f*** you up"
Drai's 'it ain't over bro' comment was rated E for everyone version of that.

Reactions: oilers'72

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Have you ever heard of " I am coming for you mother and you better keep you head up in the corners because we are going to f*** you up"

So? Would you rather he said nothing?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What did Drasaitl do after he made those comments in game? (not like he stated it to Gene or something)

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
No, just wondering why it's thread worthy or somehow controversial..

Probably because you don’t hear about players doing this sort of thing every day in today’s NHL. I know you have issues with Leon but downplaying this is excessive, no?

Reactions: Duke74

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Probably because you don’t hear about players doing this sort of thing every day in today’s NHL. I know you have issues with Leon but downplaying this is excessive, no?
There is nothing to downplay. It was a nothing comment made to an opponent during the game likely in response to a 'hey, you guys suck'. We don't hear about it because it's really nothing. I'm just glad Barrie didn't tell us what Kassian has been saying to opponents his time here

I'm done here.. u guys carry on with The prophecy!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'll bet you there were a thousand other quips during the game that you won't hear. The only reason this one is out there, is because of how the game turned out. If the Oilers stumble and the Rangers win, you never hear of this, from anyone.

Reactions: oilers'72

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
There is nothing to downplay. It was a nothing comment made to an opponent during the game likely in response to a 'hey, you guys suck'. We don't hear about it because it's really nothing. I'm just glad Barrie didn't tell us what Kassian has been saying to opponents his time here

I'm done here.. u guys carry on with The prophecy!

No worries about a ‘prophecy’ here. Just enjoying seeing some swagger from team leadership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad