Post-Game Talk: Regular Season Game #1: Pens @ Caps | 4/26/18 | 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Crosby has a better team than Ovi, simple as that. Pens fans can argue whatever they want but this is a FACT. When you have players like Malkin who is arguably better at his best than Crosby and Kessel one of the best wingers, the rest of you team can suck. Even though Malkin hasn't played the game, my point is that players like Backstrom & Oshie have to step up BIG time and contribute more but they just disappear in big moments especially Backstrom. Also can anyone tell me what the hell is wrong with Ovi all season in terms if hitting and playing physical? I can't believe one of the most feared guy in the league back in a day and who led league in hits 4-5 seasons ago, not playing physical whatsoever in the most important series of his lifetime. I can understand regular season, he may try to protect himself from injury but still...

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
We came out a like a team that had been thinking about this game for 12 months, and then that last period we played like a team that was thinking about who our third round opponent would be.

I hate that. I wish our team just hated the Pens enough to just want to inflict pain on them for a full 60 minutes every game. It's like they begin to lose interest once they get a lead, they forget why they were so full of hate and vitriol to start the game.

This is a tough pill to swallow, for a minute I was regretting my boycott of attending playoff games until the 3rd round, and then I remembered why I came up with it.

I’ve been boycotting buying first/second round caps games since the Montreal series. I let myself go to a game if it’s a free ticket but I never see wins when I go. Was at game 7 last year against the pens and game 1 against cbj this year. Choking dogs.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I thought Holtby was good honestly. The deflection goals are never easy saves and the second one went right through Ovie’s skates and onto Crosby’s tape. Holts made any number of high quality saves up until that point. I think we match up OK as long as Malkin is out lol. We never win when they’re down a star player...it’s a pretty hilarious quality.

Remember guys these are your loveable puncher’s chance Caps. Don’t get too worked up over this season. Just enjoy the ride until it ends...

This is what I've been stressing. First, this team overachieved twice. Nobody expected them to make the playoffs, they not only made the playoffs but won the division as well. Second, they came back from a 0-2 series deficit in round 1 and won 4 straight. Few of us thought they could get that far. Realistically, even if we beat Pittsburgh, I don't think we have the horses to go all the way. Too many issues with this roster and we know it. The series is not over, we still have that puncher's chance.

Besides, what's the difference between having lost 9 playoff series or 10 playoff series to them?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I've just been sitting here watching the NFL draft. Never even turned hockey on. You didn't really think the Caps were going to win did you?
So... you didn't watch the game at all, but you came to HF Boards and posted on the Game Day Thread just to, I don't know, gloat or something?

Whatever style points u think u earned by being 2 cool 2 care about watching the game, well... you lost them (and then some) by caring enough to post here! :)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I've just been sitting here watching the NFL draft. Never even turned hockey on. You didn't really think the Caps were going to win did you?

I started playing FortNite when Hornqvist scored. I only saw GIF's of the goals.

It's not really painful anymore, it's just predictable.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
We are missing Bura, he would be helpful this series.

Love Stephenson but we need someone who is willing to shoot on that line. Put Vrana up there.

Trotz needs to figure out 3rd period woes ASAP.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Too soon?

giphy.gif

Yeah I will go ahead and delete that one off the slow ass DVR

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
This game exemplified Caps' playoff history so well that there's nothing to add about the outcome that wouldn't be a hate crime against the remains of a lovable equine. All the ghosts materialized and made their presence felt. All the monkeys jumped on the back. Etc.

The Caps look like an ADHD former honors student and currently relapsing drug addict that has been entrusted with the care of a toddler. He means well, but every minute he's inches away from disaster. It's undeniably a dramatic experience, though!

However, aside from the Caps' ridiculous knack of snatching gentlemanly defeats from the jaws of potential victories, the gap between the teams does not (yet) look huge. Nothing that a couple of bounces cannot fix -- even if it's more difficult to get enough of those bounces for a best-of-7 series. Then again, Malkin will skew the equation significantly.

I'm not sure how the overall matchup might evolve in Caps' favor -- it's a bit difficult to expect Caps to be better at actually adjusting over the course of the series; but on the other hand, at least the potential for the Caps to change things up is still there -- to try to unleash Vrana, maybe Gersich, etc.

On an optimistic note, Kuz and Ovi are on the board, lots of hockey to be played -- might as well just enjoy and fight!

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
So... you didn't watch the game at all, but you came to HF Boards and posted on the Game Day Thread just to, I don't know, gloat or something?

Whatever style points u think u earned by being 2 cool 2 care about watching the game, well... you lost them (and then some) by caring enough to post here! :)

Not cool. Just followed this thread throughout. The game went down like it always does. You gotta learn to not let these things eat you up.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We are missing Bura, he would be helpful this series.

Love Stephenson but we need someone who is willing to shoot on that line. Put Vrana up there.

Trotz needs to figure out 3rd period woes ASAP.

Stephenson is a pinch hitter and he did good but swapping he and Vrana seemed a logical move to try. Barry needs losses to act. 3rd period woes, was there any turtlage tonight? I missed a lot of the 3rd but didn't see much at all.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
A real sign of whether or not Barry has his thinking Cap on is how he adjusts the lineup moving forward. We need to utilize players like Vrana better - when trailing especially...

Reactions: RandyHolt

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Because there is no point in supporting a sports team if you get no enjoyment from it. Switch channels, watch a movie or another sport instead.
How do you figure i don’t get enjoyment? Hockey is entertaining. By definition, i get enjoyment. I’m just not going to invest myself and think they have a shot of winning because all evidence points to the contrary.

No need to try to fan police. Especially after decades of evidence to the contrary

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Remember 2010? President's Trophy Winners lose to the Canadiens in R1. Doesn't matter which is the "better team." Anything can happen. Trotz/staff and team came back against Cbus. Tougher against the Pens, but not impossible.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
i am so sick of this bull****.
this team, this opponent, this reality just makes no sense at all.
it doesnt make sense.

we cant even randomly have luck.
they are kissed on the dick in every possible way more than anyone in the entire history of the universe.

**** this.

I take solace in the fact that we live in a nice area and they live in f***ing Pittsburgh...

That’s pretty much all i got. Otherwise, they f***ing own us lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad