GDT: Regrettably, it is a Washington Capitals Gameday (10 PM in Seattle)

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It'll likely be Chuckie in net. Maybe some other lineup changes. Who knows. I'm not watching.
1710478260372.png

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
BIG W.
Quite the slog, but the effort was there

We're right in the thick of it, 1pt out of WC2 and PHI sustaining M3rd is a big Question
Tough schedule ahead, 1 gm at a time

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
My 🔑🔑🔑 to the game:

1. Get pucks into the dirty areas
2. You want bread? Go to the net. You want goals? Go to the bakery.
3. Active shots

Wanted to revisit these keys to the game now that the game is over.

1. The Capitals certainly got pucks into the dirty areas. No fancy seam passes or any other nonsense, just a whole bunch of pucks along the boards, into the benches, and into the crowd. That's how you win games. ✅

2. The Capitals feasted tonight. Sourdough, ciabatta, pumpernickel, focaccia, you name it. The Capitals, and Connor McMichael in particular, ate their carbs. In fact after tonight's performance I'm going to give McMichael the original nickname of "Bread Man". ✅

3. They should have locked down Climate Pledge Arena, because the Capitals were active shooters tonight! ✅

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Kraken really don't want to make the Playoffs. This one was gift-wrapped for us. Pretty good defensive effort but non-existent offensive effort.

Cheers Daccord and Burt for the gifts.

Reactions: Rockingred12

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Pretty much all results went our way. Nice with losses for Detroit, Philly and NYI. I expect Tampa to be in. Detroit looks finished unless Larkin is back very soon.

BUF@DET
OTT@NYI
TBL@FLA
PHI@BOS
NYR@PIT
NJD@ARI
WSH@VAN

Big night on saturday. Buffalo with a must win game vs Detroit to climb even more back in to the race for a WC spot. NYI and NJD with the most winnable matchups. Us, Tampa, Flyers and Pens with hard matchups.

Reactions: RandyHolt

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pretty much all results went our way. Nice with losses for Detroit, Philly and NYI. I expect Tampa to be in. Detroit looks finished unless Larkin is back very soon.

BUF@DET
OTT@NYI
TBL@FLA
PHI@BOS
NYR@PIT
NJD@ARI
WSH@VAN

Big night on saturday. Buffalo with a must win game vs Detroit to climb even more back in to the race for a WC spot. NYI and NJD with the most winnable matchups. Us, Tampa, Flyers and Pens with hard matchups.

Brutal stretch still coming up.

@ Canucks

@ Flames

vs. Leafs

vs. Canes

vs. Jets

vs. Red Wings

@ Leafs

vs. Bruins

2 games that i'd consider close to 50-50 games (unless Wings still keep sliding then).

Other 6 games are all against elite teams.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I consider Toronto, Canes and Jets at home 50/50 aswell just because all three are on b2b playing our rivals for the WC/Metro spot the night before (Phi*2 and NYI).

So the 5 game stretch from Calgary to Detroit is a stretch it should be possible to get some points.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Chuckie was so very solid. Stopped a cornucopia of Grade A chances from the Kraken. We don’t win that without him in net

On the neg side, Ovie is back to looking old - feet not moving, standing straight up late to - or fumbling - pucks. Nothing really surprising from a 38 year old playing hockey in the best league in the world - but a thing that Carbs has to coach around. He did not have 8 out there in the empty net situation, which was the right call.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
//

On the neg side, Ovie is back to looking old - feet not moving, standing straight up late to - or fumbling - pucks. Nothing really surprising from a 38 year old playing hockey in the best league in the world - but a thing that Carbs has to coach around. He did not have 8 out there in the empty net situation, which was the right call.
Yet only 1 night earlier OV wasn't looking old, you must not have watched the EDM gm on the 1st of the back to back
7 shots, 3 of which were highway robbery
not surprising a 38 yo on the back end of a b2b late in the season wasn't the fastest player when having a strong game the night before

Rockingred12

Jun 29, 2023
Yet only 1 night earlier OV wasn't looking old, you must not have watched the EDM gm on the 1st of the back to back
7 shots, 3 of which were highway robbery
not surprising a 38 yo on the back end of a b2b late in the season wasn't the fastest player when having a strong game the night before
And with 1C McMichael with no chemistry at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad