GDT: Regrettably, it is a Washington Capitals Gameday (10 PM in Seattle)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hockey. Don't talk to me about hockey.

1710450729922.png

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Key game for the push/tank.
Too late to tank. At their current spot they have a mid-level pick (15th overall) and losing won't get it that much higher. The Caps have to make playoffs or won't have anything to show for the season.

I'm with a lot of others, the games too late for me to stay up. If I didn't have to get up early I would gladly watch it, though.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I will be in attendance, first Caps game in a long while. Thusly, we will win.

It Is The Way

PS - wearing my old game worn home white Al Iafrate #34. So, if I am somehow seen, it’s an easy marker to recognize
Caps west coast trip?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Too late to tank. At their current spot they have a mid-level pick (15th overall) and losing won't get it that much higher. The Caps have to make playoffs or won't have anything to show for the season.

I'm with a lot of others, the games too late for me to stay up. If I didn't have to get up early I would gladly watch it, though.
It's too late for a top 7 pick but I disagree with the rest. Walking away with a top 13 pick is IMO more important foundationally than sneaking in only to likely get waxed in the first round. They sit at 15th today but are very, very close to 12 and a top 10 pick still isn't out of the question. If they really thought a positive team outcome was crucial this season they were better served keeping Mantha. Instead they did the responsible thing and punted.

It would be great if their younger players brought it down the stretch and all but it's unrealistic and the confidence they gain isn't necessarily latched to team success. They still have the second-toughest remaining schedule and a compressed one at that. Realistically they're Leonard and another 2-3 quality pieces away IMO from being dangerous. Even then they're going to have their limitations. Finishing well enough to make the playoffs would inspire confidence in the youth and the coaching staff but also could lead them to not being as aggressive in the off-season. And, again, I think they're a few key pieces short even with some of the other bubble teams struggling (and very mid).

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If they lose in regulation tonight, and Buffalo and Calgary both win tonight, the Caps will have the 10OA pick when they wake up in the morning. Buffalo is beating the Islanders 3-0 right now and Calgary gets Vegas at home later this evening.

And I’m team @twabby tonight — I’ll be in bed a good 30 minutes before puck drop. I’ll check the spreadsheets in the morning to see how we did.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
The Caps have the proverbial puncher's chance for a #1 pick or at least a jump of 10 spots in draft order. Bura with 2 G's, Ovie nets 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad