GDT: Regrettably, it is a Washington Capitals Gameday (10 PM in Seattle)

Block

Feb 14, 2005
I still don't get the logic of trading Mantha if they think they have a shot at the playoffs. If you're going to do it, get anything you can for Patches, maybe even Oshie and really commit to it..

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I still don't get the logic of trading Mantha if they think they have a shot at the playoffs. If you're going to do it, get anything you can for Patches, maybe even Oshie and really commit to it..
I don't think Bmac etc took the view that the team would make the playoffs. They probably felt it was going to be a dice roll and the Caps might just sneak into the final WC spot but were more likely to miss.

Keeping Mantha probably wouldn't be the difference maker.
Doubt there was much interest in Patches and even if there was he has a no trade clause.
Oshie?? I expect he'd be viewed as too fragile by most GM's. I'm not the only one who expressed surprise that he was back in the lineup the other night, but he could just as easily be out again before the season is over. All due respect to the guy, he's a warrior, but trading for him would be very risky.

Just my 5 cents worth.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Flyers getting pasted by the Leafs 5-1.
Bolts doubled the Rags, 6-3.
Wings lost their 7th in a row 4-1 to the Landfill Coyotes!
Sabres shutout the Isles 4-0!
Pens of course doubled up the Sharks, 6-3.

3rd in the Metro and both Wild Card spots are very much up for grabs!

Canes shutout the Panthers 4-0 with Kuzy scoring his 1st goal as a Cane!

So far as I predicted, Flyers/Wings are slipping badly.

Reactions: um

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't think Bmac etc took the view that the team would make the playoffs. They probably felt it was going to be a dice roll and the Caps might just sneak into the final WC spot but were more likely to miss.

Keeping Mantha probably wouldn't be the difference maker.
Doubt there was much interest in Patches and even if there was he has a no trade clause.
Oshie?? I expect he'd be viewed as too fragile by most GM's. I'm not the only one who expressed surprise that he was back in the lineup the other night, but he could just as easily be out again before the season is over. All due respect to the guy, he's a warrior, but trading for him would be very risky.

Just my 5 cents worth.
Patches was going to the Rags, but he nixed the trade! That tells me Patches actually likes playing for this team, so I commend him for being committed to the Caps.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He was playing for his next contract and not really to help the team make the playoffs.

Reactions: um

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
First line doesnt scream ‘chemistry’ to me, but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Such a dumb penalty by 43, my lord. Did he not see what a disaster the early penalties were last night

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I liked the way Lapierre dumped that puck in. He held in on the play, took the hit, and used the gesture of the dump to also protect himself.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad