Regina considered by NHL for possible outdoor game

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Chances are another outdoor game in Canada would be a Heritage Classic and so far it's the one outdoor game the Leafs have not played in. So based on that maybe it's what the NHL wants and Rogers will want to see them participate. However I do agree it would be better off if the Leafs were not involved.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Even if this does happen I think Rogers would want Toronto vs Edmonton. The biggest reason is them pushing Matthews vs McDavid, plus you have an Eastern Canadian team and a Western Canadian team.

However like I said before I hope the Leafs would not be selected. I'm only speculating what looks best for business from a Rogers point of view.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Cool for Regina if it happens (although there are too many outdoor games now)
They should do something like two of Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg (maybe Toronto as well) as those are likely the main teams for the people living in Regina

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Cool for Regina if it happens (although there are too many outdoor games now)
They should do something like two of Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg (maybe Toronto as well) as those are likely the main teams for the people living in Regina
I'm surprised the NHL has not yet done a Oilers vs Flames outdoor game based on the rivalry between both teams. If they don't choose Toronto for the reasons I already stated, I think that makes the most sense.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
As much as I dislike the outdoor games as it seems the NHL has killed its golden goose...I kinda like a idea of a game In Saskatchewan.. maybe a regular season game at sasktel instead?
A Flames vs Oilers makes sense ..perhaps a Redwings (homage to Gordie Howe)..Jets?
Are the Jets at all popular in Saskatchewan?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd love to see that! Hard to say what teams I'd lie to play in Regina, but I'd say back-to-back games between two Canadian teams, would say Jets vs Flames/Oilers. Or Leafs vs Habs/Sens.

I think Heritage/Winter Classics would be much better if they go to places that don't have an NHL team but general hockey fans. I'd want to tune in anyway.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I can't see them doing a battle of Alberta in Saskatchewan.

I do think the best games would be Flames vs Jets or Flames vs Wild. All teams have only participated in one outdoor game each. 12 hour drive from Minneapolis to Regina would be a long one. But worth it for the die hard Wild fan. Flames vs Jets would be pretty cool because it's pretty close to the mid point between both cities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad