Regier, Rolston fired; Pat LaFontaine-President of Hockey Ops; Ted Nolan-coach

chadthestampede

The Humanoid Typhoon
Jan 20, 2011
Hearing word that they're bringing back the AGH for fans in Buffalo to do what they do best - relive the past.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Major new definitley. It is exciting but is Regier getting replaced, he picked Rolston? Is he a puppet to Lafontaine now? I am not the biggest Regier fan but like others said, his selling prices and trades have been strong so far.

I wouldnt mind keeping Darcy as a trade adviser

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Nolan's not God.

Miller's still going to be traded, this team is still going to lose games and draft top 5.

Just maybe now we'll actually resemble an NHL team playing a system and looking competitive.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I'm just happy Rolstons gone, but I can't really say anything about Nolan because I was little when he was here, don't know much about him. I know he conflicted with Hasek...but he's not one to make boneheaded decisions like Rolston right?

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@DarrenDreger 1m
Confirming Rolston and Regier let go in Buffalo. They were informed last night according to source.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
You know going .500 from here on out gives us a 90-something percent chance of drafting top 3, right?
You miss what Nolan did with the Islanders? And what about next year? The draft that matters? So we get someone like Draisatl out of this draft and then what? Start trading our prospects for washed up veterans? Maybe convince Hejduk to un-retire after one day? Nolan is good with young teams but he has had issues with authority in the past because he wanted more control over getting veterans on the team.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Here's what will happen. Nolan will come in and get the guys playing the way everyone wants. The way that the fans and organization want, hard working and responsible. Sabres will be good enough to draft 11th overall this year. Same **** next year we draft 13th overall. Just in time for Ted Nolan to get fired for being a ****** human being like he always does. Sabres get nothing out of these two years except the current players play better. But this current group isn't good enough.

Ted Nolan is such a cancer that we had to hire a guy to come in because LaFontaine is apparently the only guy in the world who gets along with him.

If this is true it's very sad. Terry and Ted are obviously being controlled by someone else here.

The Sabres would need to have like a .650 winning pct to get out of the bottom 10... Not happening. Nolan had a winning record 2 out of his 4 seasons he isn't a miracle worker.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If Regier is fired.....oh ****.

He is doing the tank job to a "T". I cannot stand the idea that we try to cut corners here, speed this process up and peak in 6th place again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad