Refs cost Capitals the game?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I have no clue what this image below actually is, but anyone would have done the same if they were in Nick Banana's skates...

NickBanana_cover_low.jpeg

hobochangba

Apr 26, 2016
No, the Capitals scoring only 2 goals and the Penguins scoring 3 lost the Caps the game.

This makes up for that missed Hugh stick on Guentzel, but I'm sure no Caps fans will mention that here.

Don't forget the fact that they missed 'too many men' penalties on the Caps as well. The analysts said they had 7-8 guy out and didn't get called.

The Caps have gotten away with a ton of stick work. Haven't seen it this bad in a long time.

Bonino was high sticked. You don't have to hit someone in the face and most people will pull their head back if they think they're going to get hit in the head / face with a hockey stick. He did get hit upper shoulder and where the ref was positioned I'm not surprised it was called. Also not surprised that he sold it a bit.

It happens all the time. Once in awhile it goes your way.

Don't think th

DMR

Apr 29, 2010
Coach's corner calling out Bonino was great :laugh:

Wyshinski's piece taking down that clip was better.

Canadians don't do that huh, Don? In actuality, given the demographic makeup of the league and the existence of diving over the course of decades, it's safe to say the vast majority of diving is done by Canadian players.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Bonino acting was superb. Holtby need to sell it better than he did when he pretended he got slashed

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Don't forget the fact that they missed 'too many men' penalties on the Caps as well. The analysts said they had 7-8 guy out and didn't get called.

The Caps have gotten away with a ton of stick work. Haven't seen it this bad in a long time.

Bonino was high sticked. You don't have to hit someone in the face and most people will pull their head back if they think they're going to get hit in the head / face with a hockey stick. He did get hit upper shoulder and where the ref was positioned I'm not surprised it was called. Also not surprised that he sold it a bit.

It happens all the time. Once in awhile it goes your way.

Don't think th

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Sounds like your coworker doesn't understand hockey plays.

Do you work with Barry Trotz?

He calls the Pens cheaters but he's rooting for Pens to win because he bet on them. He's an Oiler fan. My work consists of Wings, Canucks, Leafs, Caps, Pens, Oilers fans, Flyers, Bruins, Habs fans.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
My ideal scenario for game 5 is the Pens getting a late powerplay off another embellishment that leads to the game winning goal which they threw into the net like the famous Jets/Blackhawks game.

If HF is going to obsess over its usual hypocritical rules for thee but not for me shtick with the Pens, I want them to truly earn it.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I have no clue what this image below actually is, but anyone would have done the same if they were in Nick Banana's skates...

NickBanana_cover_low.jpeg

On the left is Matteo Renzi, on the right is Beppe Grillo. That's a graphic novel about italian political and social momentum (actually it is 2 years old). Tragicomic indeed.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Did officiating cost the Caps the game... hmmmm

Disregarding that the refs missed a 4 minute high stick with 10 minutes left, the phantom penalty on Daley in OT in game 3, the missed call when one of their D men water skied on Cullen in game 3 im gonna say... no and even if it was yes, i really dont care.

I think their below average goal tending, and inability to tilt high danger chances the same way as total shot attempts and MAF are the reason the Caps have lost 3 of 4 games. I think they are fortunate that Sidney Crosby was concussed early in game 3 because they very well might be golfing already without it.

Elganja

Feb 8, 2010
Virginia
bad calls happen... caps had many chances to tie/win that game and failed to do so

good teams find a way to get past things like that, for whatever reasons the capitals can't get past this mental hurdle ... for that matter, NONE of the Washington teams can

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Did officiating cost the Caps the game... hmmmm

Disregarding that the refs missed a 4 minute high stick with 10 minutes left, the phantom penalty on Daley in OT in game 3, the missed call when one of their D men water skied on Cullen in game 3 im gonna say... no and even if it was yes, i really dont care.

I think their below average goal tending, and inability to tilt high danger chances the same way as total shot attempts and MAF are the reason the Caps have lost 3 of 4 games. I think they are fortunate that Sidney Crosby was concussed early in game 3 because they very well might be golfing already without it.

What?!

Was there any discussion on here about that call, after the game? When I saw it, I thought to myself "Holding? Really?"

But I walked away from the TV after the winning goal, and never saw the play again.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wyshinski's piece taking down that clip was better.

Canadians don't do that huh, Don? In actuality, given the demographic makeup of the league and the existence of diving over the course of decades, it's safe to say the vast majority of diving is done by Canadian players.
Bonino is from Hartford, Connecticut. So....what?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Pathetic dive the league really needs to do more than a slap on the wrist to stop this, tho I'm sure Bonino could make a slap on the wrist look like a brutal beating. I mean I'm not going to say it cost the Capitals because they cost themselves by not being anywhere near as good as they could/should be but the fact that someone gets away with this is absolutely bush league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad