Refs cost Capitals the game?

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
That article is irrelevant. There's a picture of him getting hit with the stick. You quoted it. If you think the image is doctored in any way, I am all ears.

Bonino got hit with a stick too. Both players grabbed their face. Both were embellishment. That picture doesn't show **** regarding embellishment. Your picture is what's irrelevant.

Last edited:

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Here is the stark reality
Vs a pens defense playing everyone higher than they belong because of letangs absence... and without the best player in the game... and with a goalie known for meltdowns, the Caps managed to go 0-4 on the pp and score 2 goals.

With their backs against the wall they got outhit, had more turnovers, and was woefully behind in the blocked shots department.... they played parimeter hockey. They lost long before that call....

This right here..

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Bonino got hit with a stick too. Both players grabbed their face. Both were embellishment. That picture doesn't show **** regarding embellishment. Your picture is what's irrelevant.

You don't think a picture of Oshie getting hit in the face with a stick is relevant when discussing Oshie getting hit in the face with a stick? :laugh:

The difference with Bonino is that the evidence clearly shows no contact.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
I think the phantom roughing on Carlson where the Penguins scored was worse.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The idea that the Caps have been screwed by the refs in this series is hilarious. Amazing the conclusions you can come to when you only focus on missed/bad calls for one team. Uncalled hits from behind and missed high sticks are just ruff-n-tuff playoff hockey when it's the Caps committing them. To say nothing of the hooking penalty in OT that gave the Caps their lone win, when a more egregious one against Cullen was ignored earlier. :laugh:

Martyrdom awaits these red, white, and blue saints. Gotta cling to something when you're getting clowned by a team with its best players at every position on the shelf.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
A guy at my work was furious about what Bonino did, showed him the clip of Oshie doing it last years playoffs and he said "who cares that was last year", lol like it matters. Hey smart idea Bonino, Caps were about to be all over us 6 on 5. Oshie did it on Bonino so Bonino did it on Oshie.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
A guy at my work was furious about what Bonino did, showed him the clip of Oshie doing it last years playoffs and he said "who cares that was last year", lol like it matters. Hey smart idea Bonino, Caps were about to be all over us 6 on 5. Oshie did it on Bonino so Bonino did it on Oshie.

Sounds like your coworker doesn't understand hockey plays.

Do you work with Barry Trotz?

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
A bad highstick call on a 3rd line center garners 28 pages of attention. Some people really are just obsessed over the Penguins.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I remember the Pens fans going nuts over Foligno snapping his head back... but Bonino pure class so it's 100% different!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad