Refs cost Capitals the game?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Did officiating cost the Caps the game... hmmmm

Disregarding that the refs missed a 4 minute high stick with 10 minutes left, the phantom penalty on Daley in OT in game 3, the missed call when one of their D men water skied on Cullen in game 3 im gonna say... no and even if it was yes, i really dont care.

I think their below average goal tending, and inability to tilt high danger chances the same way as total shot attempts and MAF are the reason the Caps have lost 3 of 4 games. I think they are fortunate that Sidney Crosby was concussed early in game 3 because they very well might be golfing already without it.

You forgot the magical 8 or 9 on 5 they had in Game 1 or 2.

Bonino is from Hartford, Connecticut. So....what?

:laugh:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Nah. Carlson was staring at Wilson the entire time and "accidentally" bumped him off his path. Classic interference.

2 mins. Same result.

It just looked brutal due to how Wilson's stick gets caught and he's flung around because he's still hanging onto it. But that doesn't change the fact that Carlson still ran into him.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Considering the Capitals are sadly performing their usual, patented "finish near or at the top of the standings in the regular season, only to be befuddled by the 2nd round" routine, I'd say the refs have nothing to do with anything in this series.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Definitely didn't cost the game. Every team deals with bad calls every game. It's not ideal, but it's reality and the teams that win overcome it.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Is it also the refs fault that the capitals have scored more than 2 goals once in this series?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad