Post-Game Talk: Ref Wings @ Sens

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
All I am saying is there are times where he needs to finish checks and not shy away from physical contact. His for checking is sub par because I'm sure defenders see its dj zbad coming at them and he's thinking of edm music not hitting them so they don't panic and move the puck with ease. Overall I like him just want him to be harder to play against.
His size is a weapon for him , that he can really take defenders off the puck with ,and also be very hard to contain while moving the puck towards the net .Its his fear to use his best attribute as a forward that is nerfing his game big time,he needs to watch a guy like Forsberg ,and understand what he is supposed to play like .Obviously not to his level ,but with the grit and determination :nod:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
His size is a weapon for him , that he can really take defenders off the puck with ,and also be very hard to contain while moving the puck towards the net .Its his fear to use his best attribute as a forward that is nerfing his game big time,he needs to watch a guy like Forsberg ,and understand what he is supposed to play like .Obviously not to his level ,but with the grit and determination :nod:

Exactly. It's not just hitting people or being a mean sob out there but he doesn't even use his size to protect to the puck when he has it, hell Chiasson protects the puck better than him. The day when Zibanejad plays a little bit meaner and physical will be the day he blossoms into a great player and I certainly hope that happens with him on this team. If he puts it all together and he's very young still, then he will be better than any player we trade him for guranteed.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Good win last night, we are now 4 points out of a playoff spot, plenty of time to make it.

Great win last night it sucks we gave the wings a point though. A lot needs to go right for the senators and dropping those 3 games after the Dion trade really hurts. Let's hope the wings keep losing cause they are probably our best shot to make the post season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Exactly. It's not just hitting people or being a mean sob out there but he doesn't even use his size to protect to the puck when he has it, hell Chiasson protects the puck better than him. The day when Zibanejad plays a little bit meaner and physical will be the day he blossoms into a great player and I certainly hope that happens with him on this team. If he puts it all together and he's very young still, then he will be better than any player we trade him for guranteed.
Yep ,the problem with him and his lack of consistancy .Is him trying to play as a finesse player and soft touch things around the net .He isnt built for that ,he is a young power center he needs to cowboy up .And use the tools that got him into the NHL .This and take some fighting lessons from Neiler .If anything just to give him some confedence ,that anytime he lays out someone ,bullies like PA Parenteau WONT SCARE HIM:laugh:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This season has been really sad to watch IMO considering the streak last year I thought they'd come back with momentum and be a good club, good not great.

Every logical Sens fan knew we needed a top 4 defender if we wanted to continue the momentum and improve while attempting to sustain the great level of play.

However, Cowen's first 10 games proved promising and we thought internally it could be fixed but late decemeber we should have made the move then. We waited too long and potentially lost an important development season where the guys would have gained more playoff experience.

Because Zibby hasnt been good :nod:

False, he rarely costs the team and puts up points while being a millllllion times better than Turris in 5on5 or PP scoring opportunities.

You really dont have a clue do you ???Zibby is the main reason we went 1 and 5 .Guy cant cut first line mins,and needs the very best in wingers to even produce at respectable pace .He is a softer version of Mike fisher

I actually think Zibanejad made the best passes on our PP it was just the other guys who could execute.

Zibanejad can be so much better and I think that's why people complain so much. His raw ability is so obvious to even the most casual fan.

Consistency is an issue but he's still so young. He's not really treated as being young by fans since he's been around awhile. Easy to forget.

Thought he played well the last two games. His overall performance this season has been acceptable. He's produced. He'll produce even more as he matures.

Exactly. Not to mention Zibanejad is trying to play a safe game and thus not being allowed to experiment his ability and being let loose. He plays a very conservative to the book game. Probably since we don't have an elite number 1 C thus his conservative contribution and playing style is necessary.

Kind of similar to Ceci prior.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Every logical Sens fan knew we needed a top 4 defender if we wanted to continue the momentum and improve while attempting to sustain the great level of play.

However, Cowen's first 10 games proved promising and we thought internally it could be fixed but late decemeber we should have made the move then. We waited too long and potentially lost an important development season where the guys would have gained more playoff experience.

False, he rarely costs the team and puts up points while being a millllllion times better than Turris in 5on5 or PP scoring opportunities.

I actually think Zibanejad made the best passes on our PP it was just the other guys who could execute.

Exactly. Not to mention Zibanejad is trying to play a safe game and thus not being allowed to experiment his ability and being let loose. He plays a very conservative to the book game. Probably since we don't have an elite number 1 C thus his conservative contribution and playing style is necessary.

Kind of similar to Ceci prior.
Zibby has been no where good as he should be.Him making tape to tape passes on the PP isnt his role ,his size should be used to make him the factor ,in front of the net and bringing pucks toward the net .He does this and it will open up our pathetic down low game ,our pp sucks because everybody knows we are looking only to drop it back to the point for a shot .

Zibby playing the skill perimeter game ,does him and his wingers nothing .Him playing in heavy traffic forces the dmen to hook and hold trying to contain him ,due to his size and power.He has been ineffective because he isnt using his best attributes ,his points are coming from his wingers doing their jobs rather than Zibby doing his:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad