Confirmed with Link: Reeds leaving team for health reasons

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Bruce Garrioch
Mark Reeds will undergo a medical procedure. "We appreciate your respect for his privacy," says coach Paul MacLean. #Sens

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I wonder if this is cover for Melnyk making a move to promote Cameron.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hope it isn't anything too serious.

Strange they didn't say temporary leave from the team. Unusual wording.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
How old is Reeds and what does he handle? Like Richardsons time maybe?

Reeds is 54.

Richardson won't be in Ottawa until his daughter finishes university.

Should Luke continue to have success in Bingo, why exactly would he want to join the assistant coaches ranks when more than likely would be offered a head coaching position?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Reeds is 54.

Richardson won't be in Ottawa until his daughter finishes university.

Should Luke continue to have success in Bingo, why exactly would he want to join the assistant coaches ranks when more than likely would be offered a head coaching position?

I wonder if Kleinendorst is still waiting for his nhl head coaching spot.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
There is way more to this story, obviously.

Assistant coaches switch responsibilities. Coach refuses to answer questions about the move. Rumours surface that Melnyk is meddling. Assistant coach leaves team permanently for "medical reasons".

I am sure our media will get to the bottom of it all. Not.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I wish coach Mark Reeds all the best on his medical procedure, hope it goes well for him....................

Speedy recovery Mark will say a prayer for you..............

Least I can do for a man who played a yr in Binghamton, and coach for Ottawa or anybody for that matter................

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol, bros. Don't try to dig too much into this story, your brain will start to cramp.

This organization gives the most vague descriptions of what is actually going on when it comes to health as if Helen Keller was the team doc.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Assistant coaches switch responsibilities. Coach refuses to answer questions about the move. Rumours surface that Melnyk is meddling. Assistant coach leaves team permanently for "medical reasons".

Or you can just take off your tinfoil hat. Maybe the team found out that Mark was taking leave on Sunday and to prepare Cameron for handling both duties, they swapped them last game.

Nah, crab people is a better explanation.

SensChirp

May 8, 2007

There are several instances where things have happened with this team and there was "more to the story". This definitely isn't one of them. Hope Reeds is able to return soon.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Here is the exact quote from MacLean:
Mark Reeds will undergo a medical procedure in the coming days that will require that he be absent from the team at times. We appreciate your respect for his privacy at this time and we will have and make no further comment on this moving forward.

I assume it means he will miss some games but not all.

Get well soon coach Reeds.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE

I'm sure Yost will report that a drunken Melnyk wrote Reeds an email last night. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, wish him the best health and recovery.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
There are several instances where things have happened with this team and there was "more to the story". This definitely isn't one of them. Hope Reeds is able to return soon.

Good luck to him.It did seem like a way to ease him out without embarrassing him or inviting blow back, but if it is truly just a medical issue, lets hope he is able to come out on top soon.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I'm sure Yost will report that a drunken Melnyk wrote Reeds an email last night. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, wish him the best health and recovery.

How often have you seen Melnyk on TV or heard an interview when he was not drunk?
Why do you think it would be different when he writes emails?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad