May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Mike Green for Manning + Petrovic/Kassian/Spooner + 7th

You know you want to...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fine then no Nyquist for the Flames, Give Duchene, Stone or Panarin a crack then.
I highly doubt the Flames will spend what would be necessary to get Duchene, Stone, or Panarin.
As to Nyquist, I'm okay with the Flames taking a pass on a UFA player who will be 30 on Sept 1 if the asking price is a 1st rounder. 28th place Detroit is taking a pass and the Wings need Nyquist a hell of a lot more than the 2nd place Flames do.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I highly doubt the Flames will spend what would be necessary to get Duchene, Stone, or Panarin.
As to Nyquist, I'm okay with the Flames taking a pass on a UFA player who will be 30 on Sept 1 if the asking price is a 1st rounder. 28th place Detroit is taking a pass and the Wings need Nyquist a hell of a lot more than the 2nd place Flames do.
I personally feel Gus would do well in Boston...Rounds out that 2nd line nicely.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
We all know that Holland is referring to Helm, Abdelkader, Dekeyser or Nielsen and Ericsson. We all know Green isn't going anywhere.

Yeah I know I was just playin

Green himself would squash this.

Meh not like Detroit is currently a premier destination, plus he wouldnt be relied on as heavily here.
And he is an Alberta boy after all, stranger things have happened.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think all of Jensen, Daley, Kronwall and Green will have the odd GM calling about them. Green and Kronwall are unlikely to move but Green would possibly waive his NTC to certain teams.

Jensen will get the most interest I think. Hes been playing big minutes, great skater, great underlying numbers and still young if he can get re signed. I think he would be pretty dumb to sign in Detroit without seeing what a righty like him can get on the open market. I think Daley will draw some interest from a contender that wants some depth on D. Hes been hurt and I dont think he would demand a crazy amount. He could be a good under the radar pick up for someone I think.

Up front I think Nyquist, Glendening, and Helm could all draw some interest. Nyquist is obviously a first line/top 6 addition to a lot of teams that can help offensively. Glendening is a high end face off guy, pest and PKer. There will be some teams interested in him. Last dead line Helm drew some interest from Boston but he had too much term left. With the wings having more cap space to retain some salary and a year gone from his contract I could see him drawing more interest this year.

Howard is a wild card. If a contender has a goalie go down I'm sure they will be calling the wings about Howard. Hes having a good season and has been a solid starter for years

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Meh not like Detroit is currently a premier destination, plus he wouldnt be relied on as heavily here.
And he is an Alberta boy after all, stranger things have happened.

He wouldn't waive his NTC for Toronto last year and re-signed here over the summer because he likes it here and wants his family here.

So no, that's extremely doubtful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad