Speculation: Red Wings will entertain trade offers for veterans, GM says

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm sure that Nyquist is one of the players that the Flames are looking at.... but everything will of course depend on the asking price.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I'm sure that Nyquist is one of the players that the Flames are looking at.... but everything will of course depend on the asking price.

I think Holland will stand firm on atleast a 1st on that one.

Reactions: Ezekial

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Yeah pretty much exactly what I said in the other thread when everyone made a mountain out of an out-of-context quote claiming the Red Wings were finished with the rebuild.

Obviously they are going to try to make trades. Holland did very well last year at the deadline, hopefully he gets some good picks/prospects.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I agree. I think we look at Nyquist, and Kronwall. Depending on what Detroit wants back we might only grab 1 of them, with Kronwall being the likely one acquired to bolster our D.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Jensen would be an under the radar addition.

Not sure how under the radar he is at this point. Playing 20 minutes a night of quality defense with great advanced stats and he is a beautiful skater. A lot of hockey minds have been praising Jensen this year.

Reactions: BHD

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I agree. I think we look at Nyquist, and Kronwall. Depending on what Detroit wants back we might only grab 1 of them, with Kronwall being the likely one acquired to bolster our D.

Kronwall has told Holland he doesn't want to be traded and he has a m-ntc (ten team list of destinations). I'm guessing that would up the price a lot for Holland to be interested.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
For those interested I think the following would be available at the right price:

UFA: (Rentals that the Wings would look to probably resign)
Nyquist
Howard
Jensen
Vanek (probably not resigned)
Kronwall (may retire after season/ Holland would ask him for permission)

With Term:
Glendening (De La Rose/ Ehn make him expendable)
Daley
Ericsson

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't think we'll move Jensen unless Holland is blown away, he will be extended.

Nyquist has a NTC, but I think he might waive to keep his best season ever going. But, hey, he could also say "No, I'll take my current status to UFA and take that paycheck." Don't want to have a Tatar in Vegas like impact before going on the open market.

Howard is open for business, but goalie markets are trash

If Daley hadn't broken his ankle I would've seen him as a very viable candidate to be dealt with 1 year left on his deal.

Kronwall:
You'll probably get a couple of these but Holland won't ask Kronwall to waive unless Kronwall approaches KH and requests it.

Sadly, I'm expecting nothing and hoping for something.

Reactions: Janks

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Holland already said he's not calling anybody on Kronwall and it'll really only happen if somebody blows his mind and Kronwall's willing to go.

Reactions: Janks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad