News Article: Red Wings Want 1st Round Pick for Howard

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bobrovsky to Florida heating up.

I really hope that trade happens, then Howard could be the rental fix for Blue Jackets.

It's only 200 miles to Columbus, Jimmy doesn't have to be very far away from his family for ~3 months.
I'm all for it, since it helps Detroit...but why is Florida acting like a contender? Maybe we can deal them a skater or two as well.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm all for it, since it helps Detroit...but why is Florida acting like a contender? Maybe we can deal them a skater or two as well.

They're 10th best in the league in shots against, but have given up the third most goals. It's not a PK issue, either. They have a good PK and are one of the least penalized teams in the league. Bobrovsky isn't having a great year, but he's still doing better than either Reimer or Luongo.

they got a good group up front, they have Ekblad on the back end. I don't think they're far from being a contender (though, clearly, not on the level of TB that has such ridiculous depth everywhere), but they need a goalie they can have some confidence in.

Reactions: 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
They're 10th best in the league in shots against, but have given up the third most goals. It's not a PK issue, either. They have a good PK and are one of the least penalized teams in the league. Bobrovsky isn't having a great year, but he's still doing better than either Reimer or Luongo.

they got a good group up front, they have Ekblad on the back end. I don't think they're far from being a contender (though, clearly, not on the level of TB that has such ridiculous depth everywhere), but they need a goalie they can have some confidence in.
And failing in playoffs is a learning curve for them.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Even if PIT is desperate, I doubt they deal their first for a rental, especially when you consider they don’t have a second or a third.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Even if PIT is desperate, I doubt they deal their first for a rental, especially when you consider they don’t have a second or a third.
I could see that, but it doesn't mean Detroit couldn't get creative and do something like:

2019 4th rounder +
2020 4th rounder +
2020 2nd rounder, which becomes a 1st if either Howard re-signs with Pittsburgh, or wins 8 playoff games this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad