Red Wings to introduce Yzerman as new GM

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
lol TB and their fans now accusing Yzerman of being a terrible GM / drafter / he’s overrated. I gotta get my broom out to sweep my floor this morning ;)

What a week for TB.

You're making shit up to highlight your schadenfreude attitude.

Congratulations to Yzerman and the Wings, this is no surprise. The worst bit for Tampa Bay is that apparently he's taking his excellent support staff including Verbeek and Murray which we were hoping would stick around.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
You're making **** up to highlight your schadenfreude attitude.

Congratulations to Yzerman and the Wings, this is no surprise. The worst bit for Tampa Bay is that apparently he's taking his excellent support staff including Verbeek and Murray which we were hoping would stick around.

where did you hear that?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Finally.

Detroit has a bigger rebuild in front of them than TB did but Stevie Y knows how to build an organization.

Good luck to Detroit. I think they need Yzerman to breathe new life into the organization. A little stale in management.

Solid homecoming.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Yzerman is smart. He will tear it all down before building it back up. He's good at sucking other teams into bad contracts. The wings have lots of those.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Why? Is he still the GM in TB? Why is he helping a division team? What sort of crappy GM would do that? This isn't about feelings.

Some mutually beneficial good will is typical when these kind of splits occur. Being in the same division complicates things a lot but you should see JBB and Yzerman scratching each others backs in the short term.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
You're making **** up to highlight your schadenfreude attitude.

Terrible. He's taking some very important pieces. Murray is huge. This is awful.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yzerman is overrated and Holland underrated, but still this is huge for Detroit. If nothing else it officially kicks off a new era for Wings and will bring new energy to the organization both internally and externally.

Reactions: bert2z

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
lol TB and their fans now accusing Yzerman of being a terrible GM / drafter / he’s overrated. I gotta get my broom out to sweep my floor this morning ;)

What a week for TB.

I’m not sold on Yzerman 100%. There’s always some luck involved when you construct a team as good as Tampa and some of the foundation was layed before he arrived

The Objective troll

Apr 7, 2019
And this hits just keep on coming for Tampa. I know he wasn't a gm but still as an advisor. In any case, good to see him back in Detroit now.

Just gotta suck moving from nice sunny weather with beaches to cold ass Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad