England
From the GDT on the main boards.

CcLs5j8W0AEBY2o.jpg:large
[/QUOTE]

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I totally forgot about the alumni game. Honestly had no idea it was the day before. I figured it would've been on the same day but earlier.

Anyone know if FSD plans on rebroadcasting it? I'm annoyed at myself for not watching it. If Sergei played I'd actually be pissed, lol.

Too bad we lost though.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We beat Toronto in the ag. They beat us in the regular nhl game

Does this mean we win tomorrow

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Could be a SC Final far in the future? :dunno:

Reading on the Av's board a few reactions to the game were "euphoric" and "awesome", a lot of fans like myself fully enjoyed the occasion. The entire event is clearly more about highlighting that era of NHL play and patching up any ill feelings that have lingered on between the Wings and Avalanche- a healing ceremony of sorts. People are letting go. Both teams were powerhouses of the western conference looking at both rosters you can't not feel respect.

I agree the current teams must be slightly in awe of all this emotion and expectation. Are Tanguay, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg the only 3 players that this rivalry is in any way meaningful to?

It depends what you mean by that. Datsyuk got to play in it in a big moment, Z got there when Colorado faded hard.

But I would guess this game is probably more special for Larkin, Glendening, Abdelkader and DeKeyser who were reportedly Wings fans. Larkin there is some debate over where he was leaning, but it has a special meaning to people from the state. So you can probably assume it means something a little different to them because they got it as fans. Given it was also the biggest rivalry in the league for almost a decade you can assume it means something to a lot of the young guys around the league as well.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Is this the GDT or is someone working on a proper one?

Don't know, but it seems there is no "proper" GDT work being done.

Maybe the NHL should pay attention if Wings fans are too busy to bother with a proper GDT for such a big event.

Someone can start a generic one, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad