Red Wings to face Colorado in Stadium Series Game - Feb 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Nothing is confirmed yet, but Bob McKenzie just said on NBCSN that the Red Wings are set to visit Colorado in an outdoor stadium series game next year. The official announcement should come over the All-Star break.

Thoughts?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Sounds pretty good to me. These days, that rivalry isn't the same anymore. But considering their history, such an event will attract many people for sure.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Can we just have one of these a year please? Can't we just do this the following year?

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Can we just have one of these a year please? Can't we just do this the following year?

Reason why they've been doing more than one..... Money.

Think about how much the NHL has made in advertisements, ticket selling, and merchandise. Filling a stadium full of fans wearing new classic style jerseys and hats rakes in a lot of dough.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I hope Avs make them team competitive by then. The rivalry was only as good as it was because both teams were so good they were basically trading cups back and forth.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
I would totally fly out and check that game out. Skiing and hockey. Sounds like a blast.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Do teams have to designate a special jersey for these games or could they just roll with their normal jerseys? Be funny if we just slapped a patch on the regular white jersey and went with it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Do teams have to designate a special jersey for these games or could they just roll with their normal jerseys? Be funny if we just slapped a patch on the regular white jersey and went with it.

Not really surprising. If I was Minnesota, I would be getting really upset though... Why are they not involved in these? I get maybe the temps get too severe there, but if ever there was a place for an outdoor game...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

I've enjoyed the last two outdoor designs. Actually, I love both to them. Luckily, the Wings have a simple template to work with that lends itself nicely to these kind of things.

the_best_nhl_winter_classic_jerseys.jpg

Justin+Abdelkader+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+Detroit+1hI_0jV5A5Nl.jpg

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Reason why they've been doing more than one..... Money.

Think about how much the NHL has made in advertisements, ticket selling, and merchandise. Filling a stadium full of fans wearing new classic style jerseys and hats rakes in a lot of dough.

Right, but I think they should be thinking more long-term with this. If you continue to water down a good thing you may be limiting it's long-term viability.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Not really surprising. If I was Minnesota, I would be getting really upset though... Why are they not involved in these? I get maybe the temps get too severe there, but if ever there was a place for an outdoor game...

Didn't mention it in the OP, but Minnesota will be facing Chicago in Minny. I know that we have been in 2 of these already, but Chicago should not get to play another one until most teams have appeared in at least one game. They will be going on their fourth.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
http://images.footballfanatics.com/...roductImages/_1450000/ff_1450371_xl.jpg&w=180

Something like this would look pretty nice.

Colorado might go back to Nordique style jerseys.

I wouldn't mind if our jerseys looks like that.

If the Stadium Series games had alumni games, to my knowledge none of the Stadium Series games to date have had an alumni game only the Winter Classics have.

Colorado would be dumb not to try not to get a Alumni game going. Easy money right there for the older fans.

I definitely plan on going for sure.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I've enjoyed the last two outdoor designs. Actually, I love both to them. Luckily, the Wings have a simple template to work with that lends itself nicely to these kind of things.

yeah but the theme for the stadium series jerseys is ugly as sin.

Especially the logos.

11614881806_fc05638044.jpg

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Maybe they just don't have a big enough audience outside of their own area. I'm guessing Chicago is involved at this point just to sell it more as a viable game for television.

I've liked the jerseys, but I also don't want to see them start dipping into having a black jersey or anything else. Also, it would stick it to Bettman a bit because you know he goes to sleep dreaming of all of that extra merch revenue from selling special jerseys and what not.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Doesn't do much for me personally. Avs are just another team at this point.

In fact if I had to pick a team to root for in the Central it would be them or Dallas.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
sorry but the wings 2009 winter classic jersey is the most horrendous wings jersey out there imo

the winged wheel needs to be front and center of any wings jersey. it's one of the most iconic logos in the history of sports

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
yea i know the english d was the orignal logo. still doesn't change the fact that it's an ugly jersey.

and like i said, for most of the wings history they have been associated with the winged wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad