Too many or manageable holes?

2018 Stanley Cup Champions?

What do you guys think?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Shattenkirk or Brodin with DD

Of course that means 1 or 2 of those top 9 forwards will be gone.

Jimmy won't be here in 2018.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Looking at salary alone, I would imagine if at least one of Abdelkader / Tatar / Nyquist aren't playing in the top 6, they probably won't be on the team anymore.
Zetterberg is still signed I believe through most of the 201* years, although he may get injured---

I think it's cool in theory that the team has enough top 6 caliber guys- AA, Svechnikov, Mantha... But who knows where they'll end up ultimately. It's just hard to imagine Holland signs Abdelkader long term, Nyquist and Tatar long term at the cap hits they have and will command only to put them in the bottom 6.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
it's going to take a while until svech/larkin is good enough up the middle to win the SC and when/if that time comes, kronwall can't be second pairing guy.

and dear god get rid of quincey ASAP.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
-Larkin and Svechnkiov/or other will need to become centers that can create ~120 pts between the two of them.

-Need to get an infusion of size into our top 9

-Need to add a legit top pairing defenseman

-Mrazek needs to be consistent top 10 goalie

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Missing Zetterberg and Ericsson. Tyler Bertuzzi is also likely to be on the team. Man I hope Holland shakes up the defense before 2020

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd love to get rid of Ericsson, but he ain't going anywhere either.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Any team can do this. Look at Edmonton and Buffalo, for instance. As far as projections go based off future players, their future is as bright as they come. Way too many variables involved to dictate whether or not this team will be competing for a cup or a lottery team by 2018.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
-Larkin and Svechnkiov/or other will need to become centers that can create ~120 pts between the two of them.

AA, Larkin, Mantha, Svech, Abby aren't exactly small. 2 are proven NHL players, 1 is making the case. I think we got some decent size in there depending on how Mantha and Svechnikov pan out.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
AA, Larkin, Mantha, Svech, Abby aren't exactly small. 2 are proven NHL players, 1 is making the case. I think we got some decent size in there depending on how Mantha and Svechnikov pan out.

Yeah, that's true. Not sure any of them other than Abby and Svech will be imposing physically, though.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, that's true. Not sure any of them other than Abby and Svech will be imposing physically, though.

I think AA and Larkin could add it to their game. They certainly don't seem to shy from the hard areas. Besides, I'm more interested in size as a tool to be used to protect the puck, not "impose" things on the other team.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Forwards

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Larkin - Richards - AA
Helm - Glendening - Jurco

Defense
SMITH - DD
Kronwall - Green
Quincey - Marchenko

Goaltenders
Mrazek
Howard

Are we on the way up or down?

We are on our way down because....
Too many or manageable holes?
no because....
2018 Stanley Cup Champions?
probably not because....

Because... we will be 2015-2016 CHAMPS!

:popcorn::yo::naughty::D

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
2018 Team

GOAL
Mrazek/Coreau

DEFENSE
DeKeyser/Green
Kronwall/Ericison
Smith/Marchenko
Ouellete

FORWARDS
AA/Larkin/Mantha
Abby/Zetts/Jurco
Tats/Sheahan/Nyquist
Bertuzzi/Glendenning/Pulks
Svechnikov

This team is all internal with no trades. My untouchables are Mrazek, Larkin, AA, DeKeyser and Mantha.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I would imagine yes, but who knows with Datsyuk. His contract is up, I could see him re-signing, but I could also see him leaving for Russia.

I think Datsyuk will at least resign for 1 more year the 2017/18 season to play in the new arena i could see that as a possibility and then maybe hang up his skates here and go back to Russia.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Hopefully a decent chance at the first happening.

Point two shouldn't be an issue. They seem to be addressing size rather well.

No shot at point three. Not happening unless we get ultra lucky in the draft or something falls into Holland's lap that he can't screw up.

Point 4 seems like a very safe bet.

Problem is even if three of the four happen I have zero faith in holland building a defence without a bona fide #1 being a luck pick late the draft. Without a defense better than we've been icing since lids retired everything else is moot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad