Confirmed with Link: Red Wings Sign Dan Renouf (Defensman, U-Maine)

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Joel Chouinard sent to Toledo, Renouf should be in the lineup tonight at home.

Renouf has about the same stats line as Dekeyser did in the NCAA, hopefully he can follow the same development curve.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
You said it. I want the second coming of Vlad the Impaler.

Yeah, I want a guy where physicality is a natural part of his game, not some situation where the guy is like "hey! This team is so soft, all I have to do is act tough every once in a while and they'll think I'm physical." *Cough* Quincey, Ericsson, Lashoff, etc *Cough*

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I was hoping they would take a run at Bayreuther from St. Lawrence. Hopefully Renouf shows some good development over the next couple of years.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Is GR that bare on the left side? Not a knock on him at all, I'm just wondering with Ouellet, Lashoff, Paetsch, is there room? I guess if he can beat out Paetsch/Lashoff, he's not too bad.

Interesting signing - it was out of nowhere - to say the least!

I saw this article on college free agents but Renouf wasn't included on the list. With most teams season just finishing up it makes sense guys are starting to sign right now.

Renouf looks like a good depth guy to have in the system. Definitely not a can't miss guy like DeKeyser, more a depth guy for GR if/when guys get called up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Probably bad news for James De Haas. In any event interested to see him at the AHL level.

Seems early for a college signing, surprised their season is done this early, generally they have until closer to the end of March.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I think we will have to wait awhile before we see him play - maybe the PO's

from MLive

"Martin said Renouf would be with the Griffins for about 10 days before returning to Maine to finish some school commitments. He should return to the Griffins before the end of the season."

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Probably bad news for James De Haas. In any event interested to see him at the AHL level.

Seems early for a college signing, surprised their season is done this early, generally they have until closer to the end of March.

Conference tournaments are underway and Maine got whacked last week. Half of the teams' seasons are over at this point.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, I want a guy where physicality is a natural part of his game, not some situation where the guy is like "hey! This team is so soft, all I have to do is act tough every once in a while and they'll think I'm physical." *Cough* Quincey, Ericsson, Lashoff, etc *Cough*

Agreed. Ideally, we need two guys like that on defense, and one more at forward to take a little bit of the load off of Abdelkader.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You said it. I want the second coming of Vlad the Impaler.

I checked out his hockey fights page, he had 5 fights in a USHL season which is quite a bit for that league considering they play like 30 games or something low like that. I'm hoping that means hes got a bit of the natural mean streak a lot of wings guys lack

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I checked out his hockey fights page, he had 5 fights in a USHL season which is quite a bit for that league considering they play like 30 games or something low like that. I'm hoping that means hes got a bit of the natural mean streak a lot of wings guys lack

This kid is getting more and more intriguing. This team does need more meanness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad