Confirmed with Link: Red Wings Sign Dan Renouf (Defensman, U-Maine)

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Here is SBNation's assessment

Dan Renouf, Jr., Left Defense, Maine - The Pickering, Ontario native made huge strides last season as a sophomore and he seems to have picked up right where he left off. A Hill Academy product, the six-foot-two blue liner has good mobility. He has a good pivot and is responsible in his own zone. He has a good stick and can be physical, but most importantly, he doesn't get beaten often. He keeps it simple and generally is mistake-free.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Dan Renouf, Jr., Left Defense, Maine - The Pickering, Ontario native made huge strides last season as a sophomore and he seems to have picked up right where he left off. A Hill Academy product, the six-foot-two blue liner has good mobility. He has a good pivot and is responsible in his own zone. He has a good stick and can be physical, but most importantly, he doesn't get beaten often. He keeps it simple and generally is mistake-free.

I've read enough. Bring him up!

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hopefully he and Russo can pan out and we turn two FAs into not 3rd liners.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Couldn't be worse than E.

Sure he could. Any non NHL'er COULD be worse.

I look forward to other scouting reports. If he counts as a free "3rd round pick" GREAT!!

Basically what talent level of draft pick is he worth is what i want to know. Clearly hes not making the NHL anytime soon.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Renouf has also signed an amateur tryout with the American Hockey League’s Grand Rapids Griffins, where he will report for the remainder of the 2015-16 season.

Is GR that bare on the left side? Not a knock on him at all, I'm just wondering with Ouellet, Lashoff, Paetsch, is there room? I guess if he can beat out Paetsch/Lashoff, he's not too bad.

Interesting signing - it was out of nowhere - to say the least!

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We should look for any and all ways to improve our D, we kinda seem to have better luck with these types of free agent signings rather than our own draft picks so here's hoping for another guy with some undiscovered potential.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I like what I am reading here. We need a defenseman that is good in his own zone & physical.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Is GR that bare on the left side? Not a knock on him at all, I'm just wondering with Ouellet, Lashoff, Paetsch, is there room? I guess if he can beat out Paetsch/Lashoff, he's not too bad.

Interesting signing - it was out of nowhere - to say the least!

Train with pros.

Always will help college/junior players.

EDIT: The fact that they scouted a defenseman and signed is a good sign though.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I like what I am reading here. We need a defenseman that is good in his own zone & physical.

Yeah as long as he's actually got some snarl, unlike all the passive behemoths we have in March, Ericsson, and Dekeyser.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Guys have been scouting Holway and found this guy?

Good. Tyler Wright is turning all the NA stones.

Free prospect never hurts.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
If he proves to be good I assume they let Lashoff go after this season. Sounds like a solid signing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad