GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:30 EST

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I would welcome a coaching change to disavow Kenny of the notion that this team has enough talent to make the playoffs anytime soon. Just eliminate coaching as an excuse. If that is what you need to evaluate your team in a brutally honest fashion, so be it.

This team lacks elite talent. The sooner posters realize this the better. At some point over the last twenty years Wings fans (and perhaps even Holland) started taking our elite players for granted. The gulf between elite and complimentary is enormous. I don't care what Holland tells Wings fans, very few players have the capacity to bridge that gulf.

I really really liked the start of the game. Sadly, as others have identified, this team cannot link together multiple stretches of good play.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah that's exactly what I don't want. It's not fun to watch. Lose, I don't care, but skate hard and create some chances. Give me something to enjoy
Agreed at least come out and play with passion, I would rather lose nightly like 4-3 then like 4-1 to Vancouver at least play your heart out here. That team has zero fire or passion and that's sad.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This is a very Good example why the salary cap was introduced. The teams which win have to reward their players for winning and then they can’t keep at the top, they have to rebuild though drafting cheap players.

Blashill or Babcock no difference, the team ends up here. Babcock knew it.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Theory of the Swedish Mafia is only a theory like how gravity at one point was a theory.

That **** is real.
I'm a scientist so I'm sorry but i have to derail the thread just a tiny bit.

Gravity IS a theory. A scientific theory isn't a guess that may or may not be true. A scientific theory is a set of very well established laws and predictions that have been demonstrated to be true after testing and retesting over and over. It's the closest a scientist will ever get to outright tell you "I'm 100% sure that X is true."

The reason this is important is that when we talk about "the theory of evolution" it doesn't mean we're leaving room for someone to interject "well I personally have a theory that something something creationism." On the contrary, it means "evolution is true."

I'm very sorry for being pedantic, but this is important to me. Please carry on with harmless hockey talk.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm a scientist so I'm sorry but i have to derail the thread just a tiny bit.

Gravity IS a theory. A scientific theory isn't a guess that may or may not be true. A scientific theory is a set of very well established laws and predictions that have been demonstrated to be true after testing and retesting over and over. It's the closest a scientist will ever get to outright tell you "I'm 100% sure that X is true."

The reason this is important is that when we talk about "the theory of evolution" it doesn't mean we're leaving room for someone to interject "well I personally have a theory that something something creationism." On the contrary, it means "evolution is true."

I'm very sorry for being pedantic, but this is important to me. Please carry on with harmless hockey talk.
Oh I thought it was the Law of Gravity, regardless man Swedish Mafia is real and Big Rig is the Iceman.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Z was happy to move on from Babcock. This does not mean he is happy with Blashill.

Also, Zs thoughts on Blashill initially have no bearing on his thoughts on Blashill now. Opinions can change over time.

Also the claims that Z is unhappy are baseless. We don't know how Z feels unless he comes out and says something.

If these are true, Z should be the next head coach...

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Oh I thought it was the Law of Gravity, regardless man Swedish Mafia is real and Big Rig is the Iceman.
Rig is the big goofy bastard that everyone mistakes as the hitman. But in reality kronner is the professional hitter that's a stone cold killer with precision.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Rig is the big goofy bastard that everyone mistakes as the hitman. But in reality kronner is the professional hitter that's a stone cold killer with precision.
They're all cold mother f***ers that wouldn't give a second thought to icing someone trying to get between their countrymen and their ice time.

Reactions: TheMule93

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I would welcome a coaching change to disavow Kenny of the notion that this team has enough talent to make the playoffs anytime soon. Just eliminate coaching as an excuse. If that is what you need to evaluate your team in a brutally honest fashion, so be it.

This team lacks elite talent. The sooner posters realize this the better. At some point over the last twenty years Wings fans (and perhaps even Holland) started taking our elite players for granted. The gulf between elite and complimentary is enormous. I don't care what Holland tells Wings fans, very few players have the capacity to bridge that gulf.

I really really liked the start of the game. Sadly, as others have identified, this team cannot link together multiple stretches of good play.
And Vancouver is just filled to the brim with elite talent which is why they were able to dominate us in a fashion we haven't dominated a team under Blashill's entire tenure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad